The Student Room Group

Re-applying to university?

Hi guys!

So I've been really unhappy with the course that I'm taking at the moment (Computer Science) and was debating taking Spanish at university instead. In my A levels I got a B in Spanish and psychology as well as a distinction in ICT but I'm aware that I've missed my opportunity to apply for 2018/19 university year so I was debating re-taking the Spanish A level in the hope of getting at least an A but I wasn't sure what procedures I would need to take in order to re-apply and who I could use as a reference as I imagine the University I'm currently at wouldn't want me to use them.
Original post by Hableclamp
Hi guys!

So I've been really unhappy with the course that I'm taking at the moment (Computer Science) and was debating taking Spanish at university instead. In my A levels I got a B in Spanish and psychology as well as a distinction in ICT but I'm aware that I've missed my opportunity to apply for 2018/19 university year so I was debating re-taking the Spanish A level in the hope of getting at least an A but I wasn't sure what procedures I would need to take in order to re-apply and who I could use as a reference as I imagine the University I'm currently at wouldn't want me to use them.

Sounds like you need a rethink.
If you hate CS and its not for you, then leave.

You can still apply for 2018/19 plus still have clearing as well, but you want to avoid one disaster to another. Your funding will run out. Research Spanish carefully and make sure it is for you. I imagine you will have more options with an A.

Just the same old UCAS procedure again and you can use the same referee if they agree.

https://www.ucas.com/ucas/events/find/scheme/undergraduate/type/key-date

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending