The Student Room Group

Dropping out of uni and repaying finance

Hi so I haven’t attended uni since November, I informed them by email but didn’t fill out a withdrawal form. I moved out of my accomadtion in December and handed in my keys and everything. Since I hadn’t filled in the form I haven’t official dropped out yet and have just kept forgetting about it. I still got my loan in January which was about £2200, £1500 of which I was charged for my accommodation. So now I’m goin to drop out does anyone have any idea how much sfe will ask for immediately, and if it would be less because I’ve still had to pay my accommodation, and why the payment plans are like, how little can you pay each month, if anyone has had one before. Any help would be greatly appreciated, thanks.
Original post by livphoebe
Hi so I haven’t attended uni since November, I informed them by email but didn’t fill out a withdrawal form. I moved out of my accomadtion in December and handed in my keys and everything. Since I hadn’t filled in the form I haven’t official dropped out yet and have just kept forgetting about it. I still got my loan in January which was about £2200, £1500 of which I was charged for my accommodation. So now I’m goin to drop out does anyone have any idea how much sfe will ask for immediately, and if it would be less because I’ve still had to pay my accommodation, and why the payment plans are like, how little can you pay each month, if anyone has had one before. Any help would be greatly appreciated, thanks.

They'd ask for any loan owed from the official date you left, myself and my husband ended up dropping out on repayment plans and they were very reasonable about it, I owed about 1k and offered them £30 a month and they happily took that. Be prepared to explain all your outgoings to prove you couldn't afford more.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending