The Student Room Group

Maintenance Loan after Dropping Out

Hey! So I’m dropping out of uni just before the start of third term, and it’s obviously too late to cancel my final maintenance loan payment so I know I’ll have to pay that back.

The government website/uni website says that I have to pay the overpayment back “immediately”, but does anyone know just how immediate they mean? Do they give you a date to pay it back by (i.e. end of the week/month), or do they literally want it back right then and there? I only ask as I’ll have to wait for my accommodation refund to come through before I can repay!

Any help is much appreciated, thanks :smile:
Original post by SaffBarnes
Hey! So I’m dropping out of uni just before the start of third term, and it’s obviously too late to cancel my final maintenance loan payment so I know I’ll have to pay that back.

The government website/uni website says that I have to pay the overpayment back “immediately”, but does anyone know just how immediate they mean? Do they give you a date to pay it back by (i.e. end of the week/month), or do they literally want it back right then and there? I only ask as I’ll have to wait for my accommodation refund to come through before I can repay!

Any help is much appreciated, thanks :smile:

My son received a letter with a number to call to discuss repayment (no date for repayment was given). If you can't repay the full amount, they will discuss repayment options with you.
Original post by normaw
My son received a letter with a number to call to discuss repayment (no date for repayment was given). If you can't repay the full amount, they will discuss repayment options with you.

Good to know, thank you! I’ll be able to repay in full once my accommodation refund comes through, but was just wondering how immediately they get in touch. Thank you for sharing!
Run for the hills , they have eyes
SFE: don’t pay me back and I’ll sue, come on Pug don’t pay me back and I’ll sue
You: sue me for what? ( legs it )
Reply 5
Hi, sorry to jump on your thread but I was just wondering how soon you received a letter about repayment? I withdrew from my studies just over a month ago and had a letter from Student Finance about stopping my student loan but heard nothing about repayment? Thank you!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending