The Student Room Group

Manufacturing engineering?!

Got an offer from Loughborough uni to study manufacturing engineering- so so happy as I love the uni, but not sure if the course is right.
Anyone studying or know anything about mamufacting engineering? Is it boring? Would you recommend?!
What do you want to do career wise?
Original post by Maifd
Got an offer from Loughborough uni to study manufacturing engineering- so so happy as I love the uni, but not sure if the course is right.
Anyone studying or know anything about mamufacting engineering? Is it boring? Would you recommend?!

Hi Maifd

Great to hear you've got an offer to study at Loughborough.
As Student-95 said - what are your career aspirations?

This is what it says about who should study this course:
Choosing to study Manufacturing Engineering will put you in a position to understand manufacturing processes, production technologies, engineering management, process control, supply chain management, in the context of companies small and large across many different industrial sectors. Manufacturing Engineering leads to the potential for a global career profile, doing the engineering and production management in the UK and worldwide.

If this sounds like what you want to do then it's the right course for you.
Some job titles of our grads include:

Assistant Project Manager

Engineer

Graduate Analyst

Graduate Engineer

Lab Instructor

Manufacture Engineer

Manufacturing Engineer

Manufacturing Engineer

Midshipman

Process Soultions Engineer

Process Technician

Project Manager

While some of the companies they work for include:

3M

BAE Systems

BP

Defence Science and Technology Laboratory

Dynamic Controls Ltd

Ford Motor Company

GE Aviation

BASE Ltd

Jaguar Land Rover

Kautex Unipart

Mondelez International

Otter Controls

Rolls-Royce

Royal Navy

Scenariio Ltd

TATA

Toyota

Triumph

Turner & Townsend

Vital Healthcare

You could contact the department directly and express your concerns - and if you tell them which direction you want to go they may be able to advise if this is the best course for you or if something different may suit you better.If that is the case they may be able to switch you over.
If you e-mail [email protected] I think you'll find them very helpful.

Hope that helps
Vicky

Quick Reply

Latest