The Student Room Group

I want to run away from home

So I hate my parents and I hate living at my home. they took my phone and i'm not allowed out. I want to run away. I am 17. could the council give me a home?
Original post by Anonymous
So I hate my parents and I hate living at my home. they took my phone and i'm not allowed out. I want to run away. I am 17. could the council give me a home?

Why do you feel like this?

The council won't give you a home in a million years. You'd be officially called 'intentionally homeless' (real term) and therefore they wouldn't help you. You clearly have no idea how big the waiting lists are for council houses.
So you want to run away because they took away your phone and wont let you out?
Reply 4
Original post by Bill Nye
So you want to run away because they took away your phone and wont let you out?

They control my life and i hate it. feel depressed
ok the firstly the council will mot likely not give a place to stay

secondly is that the only reason why you want to move out because they took your phone and won't let you go out to chill with friends , if so then you should grow up and earn their trust back
Reply 6
Original post by DrawTheLine
Why do you feel like this?

I'm being controlled and it is making me feel depressed and worthless
Reply 7
Original post by Ray_Shadows
ok the firstly the council will mot likely not give a place to stay

secondly is that the only reason why you want to move out because they took your phone and won't let you go out to chill with friends , if so then you should grow up and earn their trust back

I'm being controlled leading me to feel depressed and worthless. i was beat as a kid and i wanted to then but it was impossible.
I'm being controlled leading me to feel depressed and worthless. i was beat as a kid and i wanted to then but it was impossible.

my parents do that aswell , you gotto learn to adapt , survive and give everything your best

not cry and run away from your problems
Reply 9

you cannot run away from problems you can resolve them though its not the end of the world if your parents took your phone away theres a reason for them taking such actions in the first place and may i say hate is a strong word be careful how you use it you only get one set of parents in this world and when they are gone your alone
I'm being controlled and it is making me feel depressed and worthless

What are they doing to control you?

Leaving home is a big deal, but sometimes it can be the right decision. If you do not feel safe or comfortable at home I suggest you get in touch with some support like childline or school. They can help you consider your options and give you support with the decision you make.

Childline are good people to contact because they are aware of the sorts of issues young people can be facing and how to support them. You can contact them by phone or online and they also have some helpful information and advice on their site. They are there for you to support you. Worth giving a go.
Here's a link to their site:
https://www.childline.org.uk/info-advice/home-families/family-relationships/homelessness-running-away/

If you do decide that leaving home is the right decision for you please don't do it alone. It's not easy to do by yourself and there is support available.
You’re 17 and living under their household. They are paying for you to live there so yes you have to follow rules.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending