The Student Room Group

I think I will be Failing GCSE Math for the 4th time

I am currently in college. I am applying to uni this yr. i am excelling in my BTEC but my maths grade keeps letting me down. I have a conditional offer to get a C grade in maths. This is my last time to get a C grade instead of all the D’s ive been getting!!! Isit possible to get in with a D grade in maths? I emailed the uni and they said they will still consider my application if I do get a D grade... Anyone been part of this before????
Original post by Ries2018
I am currently in college. I am applying to uni this yr. i am excelling in my BTEC but my maths grade keeps letting me down. I have a conditional offer to get a C grade in maths. This is my last time to get a C grade instead of all the D’s ive been getting!!! Isit possible to get in with a D grade in maths? I emailed the uni and they said they will still consider my application if I do get a D grade... Anyone been part of this before????

It's up to the university if you can be accepted without the C grade. So the only answer I guess is to work hard and try to gain that C, and if all doesn't go to plan fingers crossed they will still accept you. :smile: A lot of universities can be lax about entry requirements if the entry requirement you're missing isn't relevant to your ability in the course. E.g. one of my friends does Business Management at a Russel Group and required a B in Maths but got in with a C because of her good BTEC results. There's also situations of people who require ABB for uni and still get accepted with A*CC etc. there's many stories where in the end it never even mattered.

Most people struggle with Maths at GCSE, and just aren't mathematically minded. It also can be harder to stay motivated to do Maths GCSE when you're in your final year, because it's your final year and sitting a Level 2 at that stage can seem daunting.

Remember to do plenty of past papers, see where you're losing marks, where ever you lose marks focus on those topics, then do plenty of questions on that topic you struggle on to get better, and you'll be fine in the end.
(edited 6 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending