The Student Room Group

What scares you most about being at university?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 60
Original post by Animotion712
Being Alone/Not able to make any real friends who want to spend time with you. Sucks twice as bad if you're socially awkward or have a bad case of social anxiety,

hpfft, same here! And on top of that, as an international student I also have the fear of not being able to fit in :/
(edited 6 years ago)
Original post by Karpdiem
I'm most afraid of not having a chance to take a module or modules in subjects outside my course. I will be studying Natsci at Cambridge but the idea of not having a chance to take a philosophy module or learn more about art history or read literature, critically and with other students in order to have a real dialogue about things that intrigue me beyond science makes me really nervous. As a foreigner who is more accustomed to unis which encourage you to devote a bit of time to study outside your course (like taking a module in Medieval art it having the chance to read Tacitus in Latin e.g.) it's a big commitment to know from here on in conversations outside of physics, maths, chemistry, etc will be conversations in which I won't be able to participate.

Most UK unis only allow one out of course module for the entire degree, and they usually prefer it be related to your degree so with yours something related to the sciences that you otherwise wouldn't be able to take. If you are looking for a broader education look else where such as Australia or the US.
Reply 62
For me I think it's having to think about postgrad/what to do after graduation (I'm a 2 year going into 3 year)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending