The Student Room Group

Should i re-condense my notes or do past papers and go over weakness

I've always wanted to re-condense my notes so should i do that or just do past papers

Scroll to see replies

Original post by nisha.sri
I've always wanted to re-condense my notes so should i do that or just do past papers

TBH, the notes thing is just going to take up too much of your precious time. Personally, I'm only doing Past Papers now, come on, it's almost the same questions being asked over and over again! Though, doing Past Papers without having a grasp of the content is just useless.
Past papers. if you consistently struggle on specific topics then make the condensed notes on those topics.
Original post by Rohit_Rocks10
TBH, the notes thing is just going to take up too much of your precious time. Personally, I'm only doing Past Papers now, come on, it's almost the same questions being asked over and over again! Though, doing Past Papers without having a grasp of the content is just useless.

Yeh that was what i was thinking. I've been doing papers the whole week this week.I think i will do that next week too i guess i will make condensed notes on things im not soo good at :smile:
Original post by Art111111
Past papers. if you consistently struggle on specific topics then make the condensed notes on those topics.

Thank youuu. I was thinking about doing that :smile:
what did you get in your as biology if you dont mind me asking?
Original post by Animotion712
what did you get in your as biology if you dont mind me asking?

I got an B wbu
I got an B wbu

Got an A by 1 mark :tongue:
Got an A by 1 mark :tongue:

That was the same for me for chemistry :biggrin:
That was the same for me for chemistry :biggrin:

Argh got B in chem (1 mark from A) XD
Have not revised at all and exams are in a months time :P (retaking c1 maths). I crammed the night before for all AS levels so hopefully revising for a month before exams can get me 3A's
Have not revised at all and exams are in a months time :P (retaking c1 maths). I crammed the night before for all AS levels so hopefully revising for a month before exams can get me 3A's

Ahh you must be really good at cramming unlike me :s-smilie: What you planning to do at uni

pretty risky dont you think so,especially as bio has such a large amount of content
Ahh you must be really good at cramming unlike me :s-smilie: What you planning to do at uni

Not sure. Got rejected from medicine at Southampton and Nottingham. Probably biomed
Original post by sdfsdd
pretty risky dont you think so,especially as bio has such a large amount of content

Yeah A2 is a lot more harder. But only got a month to cram it 😂

Definitely past papers. I'd recommend reading through notes, but past papers allow you to see where there's gaps in your knowledge.

You've got time anyway
Yeah A2 is a lot more harder. But only got a month to cram it 😂

im not doing great either. im only on transport in plants. where abouts are you?
Original post by sdfsdd
im not doing great either. im only on transport in plants. where abouts are you?

Module 3?
I haven't started yet currently focusing on maths atm. Should start by monday. I can get the stuff module covered pretty quickly so that's not a problem atm.
Module 3?
I haven't started yet currently focusing on maths atm. Should start by monday. I can get the stuff module covered pretty quickly so that's not a problem atm.

finished maths and halfway through A2 physics. stress is killing me. Need 3As for bristol

Hows your revision going? Managed to get Core 1, 2 and 3 notes done today :biggrin:
Reply 19
I'm at uni and was condensing my notes this week and it took houuuurs! Last year I just read through my notes and did practice questions and still got a first (an A basically) on my cognitive neuroscience module. But if condensing your notes helps you remember then do it.

Quick Reply

Latest