The Student Room Group

Mature student reference

Original post by alleycat393
Is there no one else you can ask? Maybe an old school teacher or mentor as typically they want an academic reference.

I'm going to piggy back on this thread instead of making my own.

I'll be applying for Uni next year and had this same worry about references as I'm a mature student. Can I use a previous teacher? I had a part-time English teacher who I really liked this year and was thinking of using her as my referee, is this possible?
Original post by Tamamo
I'm going to piggy back on this thread instead of making my own.

I'll be applying for Uni next year and had this same worry about references as I'm a mature student. Can I use a previous teacher? I had a part-time English teacher who I really liked this year and was thinking of using her as my referee, is this possible?

It's always better to make your own thread in the relevant forum rather than side-track someone else's. It's also good etiquette.

Yes you can use your previous teacher. They should be able to comment on your academic ability to do uni level work. If you can find someone who taught the subject you are going to study that would be even better.
Reply 2
Original post by alleycat393
It's always better to make your own thread in the relevant forum rather than side-track someone else's. It's also good etiquette.

Yes you can use your previous teacher. They should be able to comment on your academic ability to do uni level work. If you can find someone who taught the subject you are going to study that would be even better.

Ah, sorry about that.

That's good to hear, thanks for the response.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending