The Student Room Group

full time job after a level exams and before uni

last a level exam is june 18th and i go to uni on the 22nd of september

in between then, i was thinking of getting a full time job somewhere in an office in london (9-5 rather than retail job) and was wondering if it's possible to get a paid job for 2-3 months? i'd be looking at jobs as a social media manager
Original post by Mahel

in between then, i was thinking of getting a full time job somewhere in an office in london (9-5 rather than retail job) and was wondering if it's possible to get a paid job for 2-3 months? i'd be looking at jobs as a social media manager

Maybe but I don't know how many companies want to spend so much time and money training someone for a full time job only for them to go after 3 months.
Reply 2
Original post by Mahel

It would be possible but no employer would hire you for a permanent role knowing you're leaving so you'll either have to lie or look at temporary contracts. In my experience not a lot of companies would hire a social media manager without a lot of experience though, as its a really competitive job now, especially for a temp contract where they won't have much time to train someone, but I guess it could happen. You could try speaking to some agencies that hire for marketing/digital roles and see how they respond to the situation.
Reply 3
Original post by soylatte91
It would be possible but no employer would hire you for a permanent role knowing you're leaving so you'll either have to lie or look at temporary contracts. In my experience not a lot of companies would hire a social media manager without a lot of experience though, as its a really competitive job now, especially for a temp contract where they won't have much time to train someone, but I guess it could happen. You could try speaking to some agencies that hire for marketing/digital roles and see how they respond to the situation.

I forgot to mention that I was recently the General Manager at Astral Authority LLC for nearly two years and part of my role was to manage social media - i have a good resume with some experience
Original post by Mahel
I forgot to mention that I was recently the General Manager at Astral Authority LLC for nearly two years and part of my role was to manage social media - i have a good resume with some experience

It's a very crowded marketplace, with alot of graduates with your skillset who've worked unpaid in internships, and now seek full-time permanent employment. I'd probably look at temp agencies, if it's just about earning ££.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending