The Student Room Group

Signing acceptance programme offer

I am asking this as they request signing a firmly offer and sending it through post which implies some sort of commitment comparing to a online confirmation.

I should sign on some conditions which are: acceptance the offers, acceptance to pay the fees, acceptance all decisions from the programme, and cancellation only in case there are serious excuses which should be accepted by the programme.

Any of you know more on this topic? I would really like to say yes but as I need securing funding or scholarship and they told me that I should send the signed acceptance and pay the deposit and in case no scholarship, I can cancel my place and refund the deposit later.

So, I am asking if there are any responsibilities in case I signed the document and send it to them like asking to pay the fees or causing problems to me in any future applications to universities?

thanks
Original post by Optimistic2018
I am asking this as they request signing a firmly offer and sending it through post which implies some sort of commitment comparing to a online confirmation.

I should sign on some conditions which are: acceptance the offers, acceptance to pay the fees, acceptance all decisions from the programme, and cancellation only in case there are serious excuses which should be accepted by the programme.

Any of you know more on this topic? I would really like to say yes but as I need securing funding or scholarship and they told me that I should send the signed acceptance and pay the deposit and in case no scholarship, I can cancel my place and refund the deposit later.

So, I am asking if there are any responsibilities in case I signed the document and send it to them like asking to pay the fees or causing problems to me in any future applications to universities?

thanks

You need to check the terms and conditions of the offer very carefully as usually the deposit is not refundable. If you have agreed to pay the fees then you will be liable.
Original post by alleycat393
You need to check the terms and conditions of the offer very carefully as usually the deposit is not refundable. If you have agreed to pay the fees then you will be liable.

I have mentioned the terms of the offer, please read them and tell me your opinion.

Thanks
Original post by Optimistic2018
I have mentioned the terms of the offer, please read them and tell me your opinion.

Thanks

Hun no you haven't which is why I have asked. Unfortunately if English is not your first language the nuances of what is in the offer are lost in your version of the offer.

This most certainly isn't wording from an offer:
acceptance all decisions from the programme, and cancellation only in case there are serious excuses which should be accepted by the programme

And you haven't mentioned the terms of the deposit.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending