The Student Room Group

Effect on tuition fees after Brexit for an immigrant

It came to my attention lately that I simply don't understand what fees I will pay when going into uni. I'm currently in my first year of Sixth Form and my teacher lightly mentioned something upon non-UK residents paying international fees even tho they lived here for many years (but have no UK citizenship).Currently I am aware that Brexit is not affecting no students in the academic year of 2017/2018 however it is unclear whether this will be the same for 2018/2019 and 19/20 - At least I can't find an article about this on the web.Background about me:I live 11 years currently in the UK whilst natively born in Poland.My question is: is there any source stating that a student of my background will have to pay international fees for the upcoming year/two? (Also consider the fact that you have to open a loan every year for 3-4 years).
Original post by Deniooo
It came to my attention lately that I simply don't understand what fees I will pay when going into uni. I'm currently in my first year of Sixth Form and my teacher lightly mentioned something upon non-UK residents paying international fees even tho they lived here for many years (but have no UK citizenship).Currently I am aware that Brexit is not affecting no students in the academic year of 2017/2018 however it is unclear whether this will be the same for 2018/2019 and 19/20 - At least I can't find an article about this on the web.Background about me:I live 11 years currently in the UK whilst natively born in Poland.My question is: is there any source stating that a student of my background will have to pay international fees for the upcoming year/two? (Also consider the fact that you have to open a loan every year for 3-4 years).

After 5 years living in the uk, you'd be considered a uk student for funding purposes https://www.gov.uk/student-finance/eu-students
Reply 2
Original post by claireestelle
After 5 years living in the uk, you'd be considered a uk student for funding purposes https://www.gov.uk/student-finance/eu-students

aaahhh thank you sir.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending