The Student Room Group

He says we're more than friends..

So this guy and I became really good friends, In fact best friends. then, there came a time where we got really close and now have an intimate relationship ( this is every time we meet) other than that when we message almost around the clock.
He knows every detail of my life and he has told me almost everything. Even family issues are mutual, we share everything.but when I asked him what we were he said '' More than friends and lets leave it at that okay ?'' I don't know... but this restricts me to see other guys because I'm so invested in him but I really don't know what he's thinking. what do I do ?
(edited 5 years ago)
Reply 1
If you want to know what's really going on between you, you need to have a proper talk about it. "More than friends" was already obvious and didn't exactly shed much light on the matter, did it
Original post by Sataris
If you want to know what's really going on between you, you need to have a proper talk about it. "More than friends" was already obvious and didn't exactly shed much light on the matter, did it

I did try but he acts so secluded or just avoids it and responds with the same thing.. which makes me feel like I'm forcing a commitment or acting desperate
Reply 3
Original post by shesnotperfect
I did try but he acts so secluded or just avoids it and responds with the same thing.. which makes me feel like I'm forcing a commitment or acting desperate

Do you want it to be an exclusive thing?
Original post by Sataris
Do you want it to be an exclusive thing?

Yh or like at least a bit of clarity.
Original post by shesnotperfect
So this guy and I became really good friends, In fact best friends. then, there came a time where we got really close and now have an intimate relationship ( this is every time we meet) other than that when we message almost around the clock.
He knows every detail of my life and he has told me almost everything. Even family issues are mutual, we share everything.but when I asked him what we were he said '' More than friends and lets leave it at that okay ?'' I don't know... but this restricts me to see other guys because I'm so invested in him but I really don't know what he's thinking. what do I do ?

well you are more than just friends but you need to talk to him and make what you feel clear.
Given the context I'd feel disappointed if someone said to me: 'More than friends and lets leave it at that okay?''
What he should have said was "I'm totally head over heels in love with you."

My response would be "We both deserve to have someone we love deeply and who loves us back deeply. Therefore we should both carry on looking for someone else. And in the meantime enjoy our relationship for what it is."

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending