The Student Room Group

Prom date.. a Friend or more ???

I'm a boy and i have prom is in a few months. Due to events that happened in yr 8 -9 ( bullying) i developed severe social anxiety and have therefore never had people i could call close friends. However in class i am close with certain people but i couldn't hang out with them outside (because of my anxiety). So....there's a girl in my class who i like but shes always patronising whenever i do something by saying things like awww etc. So i asked her to prom and she said yes, but i think she wants to go as friends and i don't know how to act and what to say that might make things awkward, cos i do really like her. She has asked me to sit with her group of friends but i feel that they're too judgy and therefore i decline. I know that if i do something embarrassing, like going in for a kiss, she'd tell all her friends. What should i do?? Any opinion is welcomed. Thanks.
Original post by Anonymous
I'm a boy and i have prom is in a few months. Due to events that happened in yr 8 -9 ( bullying) i developed severe social anxiety and have therefore never had people i could call close friends. However in class i am close with certain people but i couldn't hang out with them outside (because of my anxiety). So....there's a girl in my class who i like but shes always patronising whenever i do something by saying things like awww etc. So i asked her to prom and she said yes, but i think she wants to go as friends and i don't know how to act and what to say that might make things awkward, cos i do really like her. She has asked me to sit with her group of friends but i feel that they're too judgy and therefore i decline. I know that if i do something embarrassing, like going in for a kiss, she'd tell all her friends. What should i do?? Any opinion is welcomed. Thanks.

You flirt on the day, dance, try....

If it doesn't work then you've the summer to get over it and maybe you won't see them again.
Reply 2
Original post by Kevin De Bruyne
You flirt on the day, dance, try....

If it doesn't work then you've the summer to get over it and maybe you won't see them again.

If i do try....
should i do it during prom or after prom finishes (late at night).

wow, you sound like a player who has guts. Ppl who bullied you are *********. I think you should talk to her in private lol. Carry on from there.
Reply 4
Original post by Banshee123
wow, you sound like a player who has guts. Ppl who bullied you are *********. I think you should talk to her in private lol. Carry on from there.

Cheers man :biggrin:. I'm worried if i talk to her about it she'll just make fun of me and then wont go prom cos she might be uncomfortable.
Cheers man :biggrin:. I'm worried if i talk to her about it she'll just make fun of me and then wont go prom cos she might be uncomfortable.

Tbh I am a shy person, and can't ask a girrl out etc. I mean, the only thing you can do is try though. Am I right?
Reply 6
Tbh I am a shy person, and can't ask a girrl out etc. I mean, the only thing you can do is try though. Am I right?

I suppose ur not wrong. Why are u so shy, if u dont mind me asking.
I suppose ur not wrong. Why are u so shy, if u dont mind me asking.

That is a really good quetsion, I guess i do not have enough confidence. I cannot answer that question properly lol
That is the hardest quetsion i have received today and i do as further maths lol
How old are you?
Reply 8
That is a really good quetsion, I guess i do not have enough confidence. I cannot answer that question properly lol
That is the hardest quetsion i have received today and i do as further maths lol
How old are you?

Im 18, you??
Im 18, you??

same here
Original post by Deorbiting
You got balls I find it hard to talk to girls but I have anxiety too due to events I am really trying to ask this girl to prom but She thinks me as a friend idk what to do

Ask her jokingly whether shes going to prom with anyone, if she says no then say wouldn't it be fun if both us went together. That way ur not asking her out directly. This is what i kinda did and she said said yes.

You're brave to even ask her out in the first place, so talking to her can't be as bad. To be honest boys and girls hardly ever go out at prom as friends, so surely she must have some feelings, if she was going as a friends she would also be going with other people.
Original post by Iahmed512
You're brave to even ask her out in the first place, so talking to her can't be as bad. To be honest boys and girls hardly ever go out at prom as friends, so surely she must have some feelings, if she was going as a friends she would also be going with other people.

That is a good point actually....

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending