S6 free periods Scotland Watch

Kelseyxoxox
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
Hi I’m just wondering if anyone is in s6 here how often do you get free periods?? Are you ever in at break anymore etc
shameful_burrito
  • Political Ambassador
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Think I had plenty in 6th year...can’t actually remember how many and what I used to do during them
Kelseyxoxox
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
aww really, I’m going into s5 and I just hope I have a lot too and hope they’re before break because it would be pointless coming in then going home
Labrador99
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by Kelseyxoxox)
Hi I’m just wondering if anyone is in s6 here how often do you get free periods?? Are you ever in at break anymore etc
(Original post by Kelseyxoxox)
aww really, I’m going into s5 and I just hope I have a lot too and hope they’re before break because it would be pointless coming in then going home
It depends how many subjects you do in S6...With 4 subjects, I had 6 free periods a week. If you had one in the middle of the day though, you probably wouldn't go home and then come back in (unless you were literally across the street/down the road from the school), but rather just sit in the social area/canteen/library.
Salenite
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Had 2 columns free and so I got 12 free periods. Monday was lovely because it essentially meant I had a 2hr 30min lunch break, I was able to come in late on a Wednesday, Thursday and Friday and leave early on a Tuesday and Thursday.

You'll definitely find yourself being in school more often though as soon as the prelim and assignment seasons begin, think I was in school from 9-4 for 2 weeks in January and March. That's just me though, you may find it better studying at home.
username3793604
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
I'm in 6th year and i have 10 study periods a week ( our school requires us to have a study column in 6th year so thats 6 of them) and some of my classes have study periods in them. I live over an hour from my school so I can't get a bus in so i just have to endure study. Its so boring especially on Thursday when I have 4 study class
pandemnic
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
I'm going into S6 and I'm going to have 21 study periods per week, I think. I'm self-studying Advanced Higher English and Advanced Higher Modern Studies, which explains why I have so many. Still, we're not allowed to leave the school building during our study periods, so it means I'm going to have to endure it. My school is wanting me to pick up a fifth subject or a work placement, though, because I have so many.
Bio 7
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
I had 2 highers and 2 advanced highers. Out of a 32 period week I had 18 periods in class the rest was free. Apparently though they have since changed it there so now the free periods have been ruined.
Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play
TigerLilly11
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 11 months ago
I have 12 free periods because I’m doing advanced higher French by myself. My school doesn’t let us leave really as you have to sign in for each period.
Piplup7
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 11 months ago
Hi there! I’m away into S6 after the summer and I was on my new timetable after the exams. I am doing 2 Advanced Highers and 2 Highers. I have got a total of 15 40-minute periods out of 40 periods at my school which is quite a lot of free periods!

Hope this helps 😄
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• Bournemouth University
    Clearing Open Day Undergraduate
    Wed, 31 Jul '19
  • Staffordshire University
    Postgraduate open event - Stoke-on-Trent campus Postgraduate
    Wed, 7 Aug '19
  • University of Derby
    Foundation Open Event Further education
    Wed, 7 Aug '19

Are cats selfish