The Student Room Group

S6 free periods Scotland

Hi I’m just wondering if anyone is in s6 here how often do you get free periods?? Are you ever in at break anymore etc
Reply 1
aww really, I’m going into s5 and I just hope I have a lot too and hope they’re before break because it would be pointless coming in then going home
Original post by Kelseyxoxox
Hi I’m just wondering if anyone is in s6 here how often do you get free periods?? Are you ever in at break anymore etc

Original post by Kelseyxoxox
aww really, I’m going into s5 and I just hope I have a lot too and hope they’re before break because it would be pointless coming in then going home

It depends how many subjects you do in S6...With 4 subjects, I had 6 free periods a week. If you had one in the middle of the day though, you probably wouldn't go home and then come back in (unless you were literally across the street/down the road from the school), but rather just sit in the social area/canteen/library.
Reply 3
Had 2 columns free and so I got 12 free periods. Monday was lovely because it essentially meant I had a 2hr 30min lunch break, I was able to come in late on a Wednesday, Thursday and Friday and leave early on a Tuesday and Thursday.

You'll definitely find yourself being in school more often though as soon as the prelim and assignment seasons begin, think I was in school from 9-4 for 2 weeks in January and March. That's just me though, you may find it better studying at home.
I'm in 6th year and i have 10 study periods a week ( our school requires us to have a study column in 6th year so thats 6 of them) and some of my classes have study periods in them. I live over an hour from my school so I can't get a bus in so i just have to endure study. Its so boring especially on Thursday when I have 4 study class
I'm going into S6 and I'm going to have 21 study periods per week, I think. I'm self-studying Advanced Higher English and Advanced Higher Modern Studies, which explains why I have so many. Still, we're not allowed to leave the school building during our study periods, so it means I'm going to have to endure it. My school is wanting me to pick up a fifth subject or a work placement, though, because I have so many.
Reply 6
I had 2 highers and 2 advanced highers. Out of a 32 period week I had 18 periods in class the rest was free. Apparently though they have since changed it there so now the free periods have been ruined.
I have 12 free periods because I’m doing advanced higher French by myself. My school doesn’t let us leave really as you have to sign in for each period.
Reply 8
Hi there! I’m away into S6 after the summer and I was on my new timetable after the exams. I am doing 2 Advanced Highers and 2 Highers. I have got a total of 15 40-minute periods out of 40 periods at my school which is quite a lot of free periods!

Hope this helps 😄

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending