The Student Room Group

Fearing GCSEs in Year 9

Hi all

I’m in Year 9 and I can’t stand the thought of my Exams! I’m so scared my mind will go blank and then that’s it I’m gonna fail. I can’t do this I’m having panic attack’s about it to and I hate it just please help

I frequently revise. For example we have some PPEs coming up in one month and I’ve started revision but I just don’t know if I’m Doing it right just please some help or advice
You have two years to learn the course, I’ve got 2 days, so don’t worry, you’ve got plenty of time, but don’t revise too much because by the time you get to the exams you will be too tired and be unable to do anything. Just keep working hard in class, and do light work at home until you reach year 11.
Reply 2
Thanks for you very quick reply I can’t imagine it.

It scares me to the max! Please let me know how you felt in the exams and I wish you all the best!
Reply 3
bro literally do not you stress yourself. you have Years. i repeat Years. until your gcses. people dont revise until the night before and still do fine. as for the anxiety, you will alo be fine. once you're in the exam, youre in the zone of focus n its honestly so chill dw. join clubs and have fun with your friends, not stressing about the future x
Reply 4
Thanks I will take your advice on board.

I do some GCSEs next year like my ICT exam which I think I’m gonna do okay in to be honest because I’m doing really well and making good progress it just stresses me out so much just think about the questions i cant answer

Can I ask how important are GCSEs in later life?
Reply 5
Original post by JoshP2004
Thanks I will take your advice on board.

I do some GCSEs next year like my ICT exam which I think I’m gonna do okay in to be honest because I’m doing really well and making good progress it just stresses me out so much just think about the questions i cant answer

Can I ask how important are GCSEs in later life?

as long as you you try your best, you'll be fine! all you need is a 4 in maths n english. and if you do badly in gcse, you still have a levels to redeem yourself. ibz mo got like 5 Cs and Ds in gcse but got A*A*A at A level and goes to Cambridge University so anythings possible
Original post by leahnj
as long as you you try your best, you'll be fine! all you need is a 4 in maths n english. and if you do badly in gcse, you still have a levels to redeem yourself. ibz mo got like 5 Cs and Ds in gcse but got A*A*A at A level and goes to Cambridge University so anythings possible

He had severe extenuating circumstances and applied for HSPS which isn’t that focused on academia but rather interests ability to discuss etc. Op may want to pursue a different course.
kid, don't stress- honestly. i'm doing my gcses right now and i'm way less stressed than i expected. you'll have done lots of mocks by then so you're used to the exam environment by the real thing. it's good that you're already concerned about your gcses, but please don't get too stressed! just make sure you prepare and revise right:hugs: gcses are an important to an extent eg. if you wanted to do certain a-levels but unis look more at a-levels:yep:
feel free to message me if you ever get too stressed/overwhelmed:hugs:
yes, really try to not stress too much. Being like this will actually make you learn less!
If you are constantly revising and working hard and paying attention to classes, you will be fine! And because you are already doing all these things, you will be more prepared when you get to Y11.

Having said that, I always recommend these 3 websites. I think they are really good to help us study more effectively:
Learning Scientists - they are actual scientists giving tips on the most effective ways to revise for exams - http://www.learningscientists.org/blog?category=For+Students
Revision timetables - this blog explains how to create a good revision timetable that actually works - https://www.kent-teach.com/Blog/post/2018/05/02/how-to-create-a-revision-timetable-to-maximise-learning.aspx
Seneca Learning - has hundreds of practice questions for each exam board and most GCSE subjects - https://senecalearning.com/
Yeah, I find that I get stressed a lot too in Y9, just work hard and learn the course lightly now to reduce workload later. I believe that it's important to do equal amounts of work in both years of your GCSE.

Quick Reply

Latest