The Student Room Group

What happens if you're 4 UCAS points short of entry requirements?

I'm sure (and hoping!) I wont be short of any UCAS points but in worse case scenario, what would happen if I was 4 points short of a university's entry requirements?
For example, if I had 108 points and their requirement was 112?
Contact admissions see if they'll bend if not you'll need to some sort of qualification or retake to fulfill the requirements
Original post by CaitlinFashion
I'm sure (and hoping!) I wont be short of any UCAS points but in worse case scenario, what would happen if I was 4 points short of a university's entry requirements?
For example, if I had 108 points and their requirement was 112?

It's possible that they'll still accept you. Don't worry too much.
Original post by adamantacademic
Contact admissions see if they'll bend if not you'll need to some sort of qualification or retake to fulfill the requirements

Do you think they would be more willing to bend seeing as its only 4 points?
Do you think they would be more willing to bend seeing as its only 4 points?

Yh I think they will, however does your insurance accept lower than your firm, will they accept the 108?
Original post by HighFructose
It's possible that they'll still accept you. Don't worry too much.

Okay thank you. I'm hoping that if i do get the lower points, they'll be more willing to accept because its a low difference rather than a lot of points away from their requirements
Original post by adamantacademic
Yh I think they will, however does your insurance accept lower than your firm, will they accept the 108?

I haven't really looked into insurance yet as i'm taking a gap year and applying for 2019.
Is insurance acceptance based on an offer too?
You shouldn't get in nor do you deserve to if you've missed the offer, but if you complain enough and beg you should get in.

Also, only excuse will probably be extenuating circumstances or if the course is dead empty and no one does it they may allow you.

Entry requirements are there for a reason, same way if someone needs A*A*A for Oxbridge and they miss they offer they can't beg their way in (unless extenuating circumstances), if you don't get you 112 (BBC?) you most likely be rejeceted.
(edited 5 years ago)
Original post by ohdearstudying
You shouldn't get in nor do you deserve to if you've missed the offer, but if you complain enough and beg you should get in.

Also, only excuse will probably be extenuating circumstances or if the course is dead empty and no one does it they may allow you.

Entry requirements are there for a reason, same way if someone needs A*A*A for Oxbridge and they miss they offer they can't beg their way in (unless extenuating circumstances), if you don't get you 112 (BBC?) you most likely be rejeceted.

Ok thanks, I'm sure i will meet the requirements as I've put the work in but i just wanted to check incase the worse happens, just to be prepared to know the next step if i didn't meet the requirements same as i'm getting prepared in terms of the course etc if i did meet the requirements
Ok thanks, I'm sure i will meet the requirements as I've put the work in but i just wanted to check incase the worse happens, just to be prepared to know the next step if i didn't meet the requirements same as i'm getting prepared in terms of the course etc if i did meet the requirements

Wishing you all the best and you seem motivated/determined enough (you wouldn't be posting on TSR if you didn't care!) so you deserve it!

GOOD LUCK! Sure, you'll smash it!
Original post by ohdearstudying
Wishing you all the best and you seem motivated/determined enough (you wouldn't be posting on TSR if you didn't care!) so you deserve it!

GOOD LUCK! Sure, you'll smash it!

Thank you!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending