The Student Room Group

To all muslims

what are your thoughts on dating? what do you look for? do you have boundaries?

Scroll to see replies

Dating in Islam is forbidden, and anyone who does do it isn't really a Muslim. /thread

But you wonder why a lot of Muslims (especially girls) these days get into "a relationship" and then find themselves "heartbroken" or "used". It's because God has his own way of expressing his disapproval for someone's actions and setting them on the right path. Even Newton's third law states that 'every action has an equal and opposite reaction'.

Go dating if you want, but just you wait for that reaction :wink:
Muslims don’t date. And i find it very stupid that some muslims who believe in Islam be having relationships with non muslims. The whole point is to be together forever, here and in heaven. Your little boyfriend won’t be there with you.
yeh just don't ok
Original post by Anonymous
Dating in Islam is forbidden, and anyone who does do it isn't really a Muslim. /thread

But you wonder why a lot of Muslims (especially girls) these days get into "a relationship" and then find themselves "heartbroken" or "used". It's because God has his own way of expressing his disapproval for someone's actions and setting them on the right path. Even Newton's third law states that 'every action has an equal and opposite reaction'.

Lmao and you're a saint who's in the position to judge whether one is a Muslim or not. One can have sex regularly, drink alcohol, do all sorts of sins but still have faith in God and pray which is enough to be considered a Muslim. No human is entitled to making such a conclusion as only God can see what in everyone's hearts ffs
Reply 5

Im muslim and havent got in a relationship yet, but i feel if i were to get into one i wouldnt have sex, id basically just be saying shes not on the market and you all seem to evidently be against dating but how can you spend your entire life with someone you barely know, ive been in a position before where i thought i had met the love of my life wed been speaking for 18 ish months and then she just became hella gassed. as a 19 year old, i think it integral that i get to know the girl i wana marry properly, like inside out before i actually marry her, i mean imagine marrying someone after 6months and you find out what shes really like... naaaaaaa, never thatttttttttttttt
Original post by Rainfall
Muslims don’t date. And i find it very stupid that some muslims who believe in Islam be having relationships with non muslims. The whole point is to be together forever, here and in heaven. Your little boyfriend won’t be there with you.

This is the Islamic view.
It’s great that more and more Muslims in the West are dating, and dating non-Muslims at that. It’s a step in the right direction for the modernisation and progression of Islam :yep:
Original post by Plantagenet Crown
It’s great that more and more Muslims in the West are dating, and dating non-Muslims at that. It’s a step in the right direction for the modernisation and progression of Islam :yep:

Hehe be part of the enablers of this progression of Islam and date me :wink:
That's actually inaccurate, even if they decide to get in to a haram relationship it still makes them a Muslim!.

Hallelujah

Is there anything to back this or are you in charge of who is and is not really a Muslim. Why are they not just sinners

Except that it is not lawful?????
Original post by Sulekha5552
Except that it is not lawful?????

Yes it is, it is perfectly legal in the UK for Muslims to date and to date non-Muslims. And it is only British law that is recognised here, not Shariah.
Reply 14

didn't you say you had a crush on a girl on the thread yesterday? a bit hypocritical to then lecture on dating..

Please provide the relevant verse from the Quran and/or sunnah that says a Muslim who gets into a relationship is taken out of the fold of Islam.

While you’re at it you might want to read up on calling takfir on other Muslims, which apparently rebounds on yourself if you do it without justification.
(edited 5 years ago)
Original post by marupe
didn't you say you had a crush on a girl on the thread yesterday? a bit hypocritical to then lecture on dating..

Everyone knows i wasn’t being serious and what does that have to do with anything?
Original post by SpermyFP3
Lmao and you're a saint who's in the position to judge whether one is a Muslim or not. One can have sex regularly, drink alcohol, do all sorts of sins but still have faith in God and pray which is enough to be considered a Muslim. No human is entitled to making such a conclusion as only God can see what in everyone's hearts ffs

“And come not near to unlawful sex. Verily, it is a Faahishah (i.e. anything that transgresses its limits: a great sin, and an evil way that leads one to hell unless Allaah Forgives him)”
[al-Isra’ 17:32]

Plus the act of regularly doing that + drinking alcohol is hardly a way to express one's faith. God does have common sense (in fact a lot more than that) you know, contrary to what most think, and he knows whether one is truly sorry or not and if they really intend to mend their ways. Proof for that below:

“And verily, I am indeed forgiving to him who repents, believes (in My Oneness, and associates none in worship with Me) and does righteous good deeds, and then remains constant in doing them (till his death)
[Ta-Ha 20:82]
Reply 19
Everyone knows i wasn’t being serious and what does that have to do with anything?

i don't know, maybe it was the point about being hypocritical?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending