The Student Room Group
Student at the Open University
Open University
Milton Keynes

When do graduates receive the actual degree certificate?

I've just finished a degree with the Open University and am waiting for the results. The university says that the results should come no later than 17th July. When will I get the certificate sent to me? I ask because I'm starting a postgraduate course in September. Will a printout of the actual result be proof enough for the university I'm attending in September or will only the degree certificate do?
(edited 5 years ago)
Original post by edwithmj
I've just finished a degree with the Open University and am waiting for the results. The university says that the results should come no later than 17th July. When will I get the certificate sent to me? I ask because I'm starting a postgraduate course in September. Will a printout of the actual result be proof enough for the university I'm attending in September or will only the degree certificate do?

Ask your new university what they require and find out when you will get your certificates from the OU.
Student at the Open University
Open University
Milton Keynes
Reply 2
Thanks for that. The OU say that I wouldn't receive the degree certificate till near the end of September. The UEA said they would need to see either the certificate or a transcript from the OU with my result on it. This would have to come officially from the OU and not be something I printed out myself. The OU said they could provide something like this but I'd have to ring them and ask them to send it to me which could take ten working days.

Quick Reply

Latest