The Student Room Group

Notification of performance

Hi everyone. I graduated a BTEC LEVEL 3 Engineering course last year, but I have received only my certificate and no other documents.
I am trying to apply for a job at the moment, but the employers asked me to provide a notification of performance document, which I have not received. Can you please share what documents you have received because I might miss something else.
All help appreciated.
Thanks.
Original post by WAngelina
Hi everyone. I graduated a BTEC LEVEL 3 Engineering course last year, but I have received only my certificate and no other documents.
I am trying to apply for a job at the moment, but the employers asked me to provide a notification of performance document, which I have not received. Can you please share what documents you have received because I might miss something else.
All help appreciated.
Thanks.

It might be me, but I'm not familiar with a notification of performance - do you know if there's another term for it, or did the employer explain what kind of information they need?

When I got my BTEC certificates, it was only 2 sheets of paper - the certificate and a breakdown of the modules I had completed. Are you still in touch with the college where you studied your BTEC?
Reply 2
Original post by brainzistheword
It might be me, but I'm not familiar with a notification of performance - do you know if there's another term for it, or did the employer explain what kind of information they need?

When I got my BTEC certificates, it was only 2 sheets of paper - the certificate and a breakdown of the modules I had completed. Are you still in touch with the college where you studied your BTEC?

The breakdown of modules you mentioned is called a notification of performance I think. And this is exactly what they need, but I haven't received anything apart from my diploma. Only one piece of paper.
I e-mailed the college, so hopefully they sort it out.
Thanks for reply.
The breakdown of modules you mentioned is called a notification of performance I think. And this is exactly what they need, but I haven't received anything apart from my diploma. Only one piece of paper.
Thanks for reply.

Did you complete last year? As learners were given predicted grades last year, and some learners did not complete every unit for all courses, notification of performance and unit breakdowns were not being issued. AFAIK, universities were informed of this so no one should be disadvantaged when it comes to offering places. Obviously employers will not be aware of this, so you could ask your college to give you a letter showing which units you completed.
Thanks for reply.

Ahh that makes sense then, sorry - I didn’t realise it was called that. Hopefully your college sort it for you and if not, as bamtutor suggested, you could provide them with a list of the modules you covered.
Reply 5
Original post by bamtutor
Did you complete last year? As learners were given predicted grades last year, and some learners did not complete every unit for all courses, notification of performance and unit breakdowns were not being issued. AFAIK, universities were informed of this so no one should be disadvantaged when it comes to offering places. Obviously employers will not be aware of this, so you could ask your college to give you a letter showing which units you completed.

As to my knowledge I have completed every single unit.
As to my knowledge I have completed every single unit.

Yes, but as there are a lot of options depending on the size and stream you took, the employer may still want to see which actual units you completed.
Reply 7
Original post by bamtutor
Yes, but as there are a lot of options depending on the size and stream you took, the employer may still want to see which actual units you completed.

Yes they need a breakdown of the units and grades. That's why I'm asking if everybody else received such a document or something went wrong with mine.
Thanks.
Yes they need a breakdown of the units and grades. That's why I'm asking if everybody else received such a document or something went wrong with mine.
Thanks.

As I said earlier, if you completed last year, then Notifications were not issued, so ask your school for a letter. If you completed this year, you should receive a NOP in addition to the certificate.
Reply 9
Thanks a lot.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending