The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by chemboi
Hi Guys, does anybody have a list of the medical schools which will accept resits? I messed up some of my exams and I'm just trying to be prepared

Thanks

Hi,
Bristol does!
Reply 2
Peninsula i believe may accept re-sits. Exeter also - but double check. Manchester may accept them but ask you for an A* grade in that subject upon re-sitting.

Do double check these things.
Reply 3
Original post by Tawheed
Peninsula i believe may accept re-sits. Exeter also - but double check. Manchester may accept them but ask you for an A* grade in that subject upon re-sitting.

Do double check these things.

Thank God, Exeter do not discriminate with resits.
probably a good point to ask yourself if you are cut out for a career in medicine, entry requirements are there for a reason.
Reply 5
Original post by hannah00
probably a good point to ask yourself if you are cut out for a career in medicine, entry requirements are there for a reason.

I was predicted A*AA, and I am not giving up a shot at medicine because of 1 duff maths paper
Original post by chemboi
I was predicted A*AA, and I am not giving up a shot at medicine because of 1 duff maths paper

prediction =/= results

if its only 1 paper, that shouldnt affect your overall grade but as you clearly imply, its abit more than that.

Giving up doesnt come into it, because you wont really have a choice come results day.
Reply 7
prediction =/= results

if its only 1 paper, that shouldnt affect your overall grade but as you clearly imply, its abit more than that.

Giving up doesnt come into it, because you wont really have a choice come results day.

Look I just need to know which medical schools accept resits and which don't, I'm perfectly capable of making my own decisions
Reply 8

I have a friend who goes to a medical school which accepts re-sits. He excelled but one exam went badly - despite hard preparation. He got almost full UMS on the re-sit and accepted into Plymouth. He will graduate soon and has never had to do a re-sit in medical school, coming in the top 20% of students.

Sometimes, an exam can go badly.
Reply 9
Original post by chemboi
Look I just need to know which medical schools accept resits and which don't, I'm perfectly capable of making my own decisions

Ace that UKCAT, get a solid PS, reference, and you're in with a chance. A lot of people have gotten into medicine with re-sits.
prediction =/= results

Wow, you are a lovely person!!!!!!!
Original post by apach123
Wow, you are a lovely person!!!!!!!

Im the truth fairy *****, I aint hear for your teeth but to deliver something different from the tsr eco chamber
Reply 12
Im the truth fairy *****, I aint hear for your teeth but to deliver something different from the tsr eco chamber

All I asked was what medical schools take resits. Stop trying to be edgy and enlightened, and learn how to spell echo right. I know for a fact I want a career in medicine and am cut out for it, I have researched it thoroughly, done weeks of work experience and have talked in length with my teachers and current uni students/teachers about that path. I do not need "something different" from someone who has no idea about my situation, I need someone to answer my question. Stop sidetracking this thread with junk.
Original post by chemboi
All I asked was what medical schools take resits. Stop trying to be edgy and enlightened, and learn how to spell echo right. I know for a fact I want a career in medicine and am cut out for it, I have researched it thoroughly, done weeks of work experience and have talked in length with my teachers and current uni students/teachers about that path. I do not need "something different" from someone who has no idea about my situation, I need someone to answer my question. Stop sidetracking this thread with junk.

I told you its not relevant because your not cut out for medical school.

listen, the exam is over, no need to spell check on TSR. Perhaps you shouldve done that in the exam, no need to over compsenate on TSR
Original post by chemboi

Ok mate, im not saying medicine isnt for you, I would never say that to anyone, but many student know "for a fact" that medicine is for them and that they are "cut out for it" - doesn't mean they would make good, competent doctors. When you come on TSR you can't expect everyone to say what you to hear, people have opinions... Oh and btw, if you dont mind me asking have you got offer(s) for medicine
(edited 5 years ago)
You can do it OP!! You ARE cut out for medical school. comment above is salty because they'll probably never get a career in medicine. Ace your UKCAT, your resit exams and everything else, you'll be fine honestly
I know Plymouth does, as a good friend of mine does Dentistry there after resitting a maths module or two the year after sixth form. He did say Plymouth was the only place that accepted him (couldn't tell you where else he applied off the top of my head, probably KCL, Queen Mary and couple of others), no idea how much of a factor retakes were in his other university choices.
OP, in medical school many students take one resit at some point in their course. Many have a bad day, or bad exam and it happens and is human. If a number of people i know, who have had that bad off day, re-sat and gotten offers merely gave up, well they wouldn't be where they are. Ideally you need to be hitting these exams first time, but never give up and ignore the noise here. If you're predicated A*AA and feel one exam went badly, that is hardly an alarm for panic. I also believe some medical schools - at least back then- allowed A*AB, but i can't recall which or if this is even the case anymore.

listen, the exam is over, no need to spell check on TSR. Perhaps you shouldve done that in the exam, no need to over compsenate on TSR

Although I agree with some of your previous points, e.g. that come results day OP won't have a choice and it isn't a case of 'giving up', I disagree with your view that medicine isn't for him/her. Although this may be the case, it is not our place to ever say to anyone that a certain career isn't or is for them. As OP has quite rightly pointed out, we do not the full extent of their circumstances, so maybe we should stick to providing advice regarding the question at hand
(edited 5 years ago)

and who are you to decide what OP is and is not cut out for

Latest

Trending

Trending