The Student Room Group

I think i don't love my girlfriend anymore. How do I end it?

My girlfriend is amazing, really nice, intelligent and overall a great person. But I just don't feel like I love her anymore. I've had my doubts for a while now and when she sent a message today, saying how much she loves me I realised that I just don't feel the same. I wansn't happy to receive that message, I just felt guilty for not feeling the same way for her anymore. I feel it would be unfair to string her along and looking through similar posts on here strengthened my decision to break up. I just don't know how. I feel miserable just thinking about hurting her, especially knowing she was hurt before. What makes it even more difficult is that we are in a long distance relationship. Do I end it in a phone call? That just doesn't feel right to me. But how would I do it if I did it on a visit? I mean I can't break up with her and then stay there for a few days but I also can't stay there for a few days as if nothing was wrong and then break up before I leave. I'm visiting her next weekend for her graduation night and I don't want to ruin that for her. What do I do?
Original post by Anonymous
My girlfriend is amazing, really nice, intelligent and overall a great person. But I just don't feel like I love her anymore. I've had my doubts for a while now and when she sent a message today, saying how much she loves me I realised that I just don't feel the same. I wansn't happy to receive that message, I just felt guilty for not feeling the same way for her anymore. I feel it would be unfair to string her along and looking through similar posts on here strengthened my decision to break up. I just don't know how. I feel miserable just thinking about hurting her, especially knowing she was hurt before. What makes it even more difficult is that we are in a long distance relationship. Do I end it in a phone call? That just doesn't feel right to me. But how would I do it if I did it on a visit? I mean I can't break up with her and then stay there for a few days but I also can't stay there for a few days as if nothing was wrong and then break up before I leave. I'm visiting her next weekend for her graduation night and I don't want to ruin that for her. What do I do?

Tbh do it before her graduation as once she has that high moment and feels even more loving towards you for supporting her she’ll be more upset. If you break up before her grad she’ll have that moment without you which will help bring her back up
Reply 2
No easy way. But prompty and without an extened period where she knows by your behaviour its going wrong is best. Definately go and see her, tell her as honestly and tactfully as you can that your feelings have changed, avoid break up clichees, listen to what she has to say and then go.
look pal dont go and stay with her ... call her and end it but have a convo with her and tell her the truth about how you feel as then its the truth. try not to be harsh about it so its done in a nice way but tell her the truth

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending