The Student Room Group

I've fallen out with everyone...

Context:
- I'm a guy
- 16 years old

So, four weeks ago, I was at a party and got into a very big argument with a girl that was straight up lying about something I had said about another girl I used to chat to. She said I had been boasting to my friends about how I would "smash her in a tent" in an upcoming music festival.
I, being the drunken and frustrated state I was, attempted to throw a bottled drink over her, accidently scraping the skin above her eye in the process...

You can't possibly understand how ashamed, embarrassed, and upset I am about the situation. I honestly don't know what was going through my head at the time but it happened, and there is nothing I can do about the situation but apologise.

However, at the time, I was completely unaware of the true extent of my actions, thinking I had only splashed her with drink.
I found out I had accidently hit her when I came back into school 3 days later.
She had blocked me from all social media, and I could not find her that day, and so I apologised to her on Tuesday. She accepted my apology and said she would not go further with the situation.

Well, today I was at a park festival with my friends, her and the other girl both being there. I was having fun, but was suddenly approached by her 23 year old brother and his friend who sat me down to talk to them.
I completely understand how angry he would have been after learning about what had happened, and would have been more than willing to explain myself.
But, his friend almost immediately told me that I was a d*ck, and a posh w*nker...
I tried to explain myself and apologise, but his friend was constantly demoralising me and pointing his finger in my face.
I got hostile and said I was no longer willing to speak to him if he was going to continue insulting me, and so he went over to the group I was with, and started asking them as to why they were friends with "someone like me"...

I continued to apologise for my disgusting actions, but it came to nothing, with both constantly being hostile towards me...
I walked away, annoyed, only to find everyone in the group I was with telling me to "f*ck off" and how I was "not wanted"...

I tried to dispute the things they were saying but it was a complete ambush.
I just walked away with my two close friends, and that was it...

I have sixth form tomorrow, and everyone essentially hates me...

Ik this is quite the situation, and I understand if you don't want to give me advice because of the way I behaved, but this is the circumstance I am left with...
You should just try and focus on your work. Someone might speak to you but if anyone confronts you just explain how sorry you are and stuff. It might cool down a bit soon but you should maybe just really focus on your work.
Take your mind off it. Friends often backstab, especially if it means being validated in front of a 'superior' in the ''''''social hierarchy''''''. Let it cool off, as all things do. I remember accidentally knee'ing a friend in the face but after a few days we were chill to hang out again.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending