The Student Room Group

Adjustment

is it possible to try and change your course choice through your firm choice on results day through adjustment?

say that since results day is the deciding factor for people getting into courses would you think it would be possible to change as a lot of people may not get into courses, change minds etc? Thank you
Original post by fifi.a
is it possible to try and change your course choice through your firm choice on results day through adjustment?

say that since results day is the deciding factor for people getting into courses would you think it would be possible to change as a lot of people may not get into courses, change minds etc? Thank you

if your grades are better than expected you can apply through adjustment. you can also reject your choice and apply through clearing. However this is risky and you would need to get your university to place you into clearing before you can apply to the new university. This can take time and clearing spaces might have been filled up. If you want to take this option you would better off asking your university now to put you into clearing. You will then be free to look elsewhere on results day.
Original post by fifi.a

Ask your firm now if you want to change.
Reply 3
Original post by claireestelle
Ask your firm now if you want to change.

Sorry, Should have made this clear but I have already asked the university for the change twice months ago. However, they said that there was no more space for the course since It's so popular and oversubscribed so I'm asking if it's possible for me to still check on results as I know (unfortunately) not everyone may get in.
Reply 4
if your grades are better than expected you can apply through adjustment. you can also reject your choice and apply through clearing. However this is risky and you would need to get your university to place you into clearing before you can apply to the new university. This can take time and clearing spaces might have been filled up. If you want to take this option you would better off asking your university now to put you into clearing. You will then be free to look elsewhere on results day.
(edited 3 years ago)
Original post by fifi.a
Sorry, Should have made this clear but I have already asked the university for the change twice months ago. However, they said that there was no more space for the course since It's so popular and oversubscribed so I'm asking if it's possible for me to still check on results as I know (unfortunately) not everyone may get in.

If they are already aware of you wanting to then just remind them closer to results day that you d still like to change so they can change it if there's places you shouldn't have to specifically use adjustment

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending