The Student Room Group
University College London, University of London
University College London
London

MISSED MY OFFER (by a lot)

I Just wanted to see if anyone else was in the same boat as me last year and what was the outcome of it?

I got a 35 / 765 (18 in HL) when the offer was 38 18 in HL. As you can see, I really messed up. UCL emailed me a few days ago telling me that I should wait until the A-level results to come out but I am not optimistic about it.

I applied to a pretty niche course in UCL (which I found perfect for me) and i think it's not oversubscribed, quite the opposite because they lowered the required grade for 2019 applicants from 36-38 to a 36. Does this mean I should be more hopeful about being successful? Should I release my UCL offer and go straight into clearing, or should I be patient and wait? Should I call them or email them to beg? If so, what should I even say??
Wait until A level results day,

You need to understand every single university is at this stage right now until results day, as they dont know their capacity.

You wont get a better place by going into clearing now, rather then later as no university can guaranteedly at this stage offer you a place. And if they can its likely not where you want to be ending up.
University College London, University of London
University College London
London
what course ?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending