Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Both times:
Woke up feeling stressed
Went to school feeling stressed
Opened my results feeling stressed
Felt relieved after opening them
Went home and watched TV
I was away for mine, so my parents had to collect mine and ring me to tell me (this was GCSEs) haven't done a levels yet.
For my final set of GCSE results, I stayed up all the night before as I couldn't sleep and was waiting for the grade boundaries to be released early in the morning.

A little bit of anxiety but that was significantly masked by the feelings of excitement for me. When I got the results I wanted, it was a day of happiness and elation.
I was really nervous that morning as I thought I did badly in most of my subjects. When i got the envelope I didnt open it for like 20 minutes and I went to an empty area in school to open them without anyone around me. Turns out I did a lot better than i thought I did and I cried a little because I was not expecting that haha
Currently waiting for A-Level Results Day but GCSE Results Day was an interesting experience. So nervous beforehand because of my own expectations mostly, and I knew one subject had gone wrong. Then before I got my envelope a teacher told me I'd been one mark off in a subject but she couldn't remember which! That bit wasn't great. After opening the envelope I got made to pretend to open it with a friend again for the local paper. Great day but the one piece of advice I'd give is be aware that one result may put a downer on many good achievements - try to separate something like that from the rest and not let you affect it too much. It's alright to be both disappointed and proud at the same time.
Reply 6
No biggie tbh

For GCSE's mine went like this:
1-Woke up feeling proper nervous
2-Walked to the school
3-Saw 2 kiddos sitting outside looking fairly disappointed
4-Collected my results
5-Bunch of idiots couldn't respect my privacy and be like "I wanna see what you got, cmon open it", I'm thinking "B*tch WTF?!, I don't even know you"
6-Open results, bunch of idiots start getting gassed
7-I go home and go back to sleep
results days can be lovely if you get the grades you're after, for gcses me and my mom went for afternoon tea straight after and then went for the most amazing oriental buffet in the evening with my dad ! but for a level results day which is in like 3 weeks for me i'm expecting loads of tears and sadness and just having my heart crushed so yah <3 x x good luck
Reply 8
For my GCSE's I was really nervous. On a scale of 1-10 around an 8. I woke up, collected my results with my parents and when I opened them I was so happy. I got A's and B's in my core subjects and passed the rest, I was so proud and so were my parents and teachers :smile: Now I'm hoping A Level results day will be the same, if not, better.
Original post by atlanticblue26
Currently waiting for A-Level Results Day but GCSE Results Day was an interesting experience. So nervous beforehand because of my own expectations mostly, and I knew one subject had gone wrong. Then before I got my envelope a teacher told me I'd been one mark off in a subject but she couldn't remember which! That bit wasn't great. After opening the envelope I got made to pretend to open it with a friend again for the local paper. Great day but the one piece of advice I'd give is be aware that one result may put a downer on many good achievements - try to separate something like that from the rest and not let you affect it too much. It's alright to be both disappointed and proud at the same time.

Wait do most schools have reporters there? And are they really pushy and pressuring
Original post by UmamiPiñapple
Wait do most schools have reporters there? And are they really pushy and pressuring

Some schools will and some schools won't - mine sometimes does but it's only a little paper and the teachers are really good at making sure you actually want to talk (if you don't want to, just say you're not comfortable). The reporter was really nice, he told us the questions he'd ask before and if there was anything we didn't want to talk about, so there's no pressure really.
Wait do you have to keep your result paper? What happens if it gets lost
Original post by DontJudgeImANerd
I was away for mine, so my parents had to collect mine and ring me to tell me (this was GCSEs) haven't done a levels yet.

Do you have to open your results at school?
Original post by VisualUnicorn

you don't have to if you don't want to, but most people tend to as friends/teachers generally want to know how you did too
Sometimes
Original post by VisualUnicorn

Depending on your school, you may have to open them at school in order to check if you have the grades to attend your schools sixth form
Be prepared for a mental breakdown. Have an ambulance on standby.
GCSE:
I actually wasn't that bothered about those results, I knew I'd done enough to get passes in everything so I wasn't that fussed. I still went to school early though, and took a lot of my family but nobody else had - so maybe let them wait outside! My family refused to stay outside, so it was all really crowded in the room. My teachers were asking how I'd done and everything, it was a nice day, but nothing special.

A Levels:
I woke up at about 6 because I was so nervous, I had my laptop on immediately, even though I knew results wouldn't go up until 8. I was so nervous, but when my results came up I was ecstatic! It's an amazing feeling, and so I rushed to tell my family and then we went to my college. It was sad because not many people went to the college because you didn't have to go, and my teachers weren't there. But it was still a great day! I got asked to speak to a local newspaper which was fun, and then I went for a meal with family and later on with friends.

Good Luck to everyone getting their results this year! Enjoy it no matter what the result, it might seem like the end of the world if you haven't got what you want, but it honestly isn't - don't get too upset!
(edited 5 years ago)
I woke up nervous and then opened the envolvope and got 13 GCSE’s at c or above only failing RE which I never intended on passing anyway.
For my A levels I did an access course so I already knew all my grades by the time it came to getting my results (I got my results at end of the course and picking up certificates in August).

Don’t worry too much about your GCSE’s as long as you get the core subjects and even if you fail maths or English you can resit for free at college.
Original post by UmamiPiñapple
Give your first hand experience of results day! What was it like, was it as stressful as expected and did anything surprising happen?

Both GCSE and A level is much appreciated!!

This thread is open for discussion

On GCSE results day I opened my envelope and didn’t understand it properly so I was proper confused. Eventually I found out my results and I was ecstatic in some ways and gutted at the same time. I did well enough to get into sixthform and I text my mum my results and she was fuming because her friends children had got better results than me. I got a lot of stick from my family as well. It wasn’t until I was about 21 that I realised my GCSE results were good and I had every right to be proud. (I got AAAABBBBBBBC)
Nervous buzz the night before
Unable to sleep the night
Wake up tired but too nervous to realise
Horror journey into school, shaking like a leaf
Nervous walk into the hall
Avoids eye contact with all
Grabs envelope and heads straight out
Opens results in far distance of the car park
Cries
Calms down
Drives home
Tells family