The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

GSCE I wasn't too fussed because I tend to come out of the exam knowing roughly how I did so I knew I'd get mostly A*s and maybe a few A's and then it turned out I'd actually got straight A*s so I was crazy happy and excited... This year is A-levels though and it's much harder to tell how I did so I'll definitely be waking up early to check grade boundaries and hopefully I'll get A's and A*s but luckily my offer for uni is low so no pressure from that really
Reply 41
For both I went to the school/ college pretty late in the afternoon in the hopes of avoiding the other students and my teachers because I was feeling worried and stressed about the results and wanted to open them with few people around. Both times my teachers waited around for me (some for a few hours) to collect my results so they could see how I did.

For A-Levels I knew I had surpassed the uni requirements as Adjustement came up as an option on UCAS (still didn't stop me feeling worried though).

After both I just went home and watched TV.

On one of the module results days, I got 99/100 on an exam, which I was happy about. I saw my Head of Year congratulating other students, but when he gets to me he looks at me with a straight face and says 'what happened to that one mark?' and then walked away!!
Nervous but didn't let it get to me.
Check the results.
Start to consider options for resits, a gap year, reapplication and clearing.
Ask my mates what they got.
Tell parents and expect excitement or worry.
Go back to playing video games and binging what I can.
I think it’ll be fine
I had convinced myself i'd be re-sitting maths before the day so I was prepared for dissapointment. To my surprise, I passed every GCSE apart from RE (which I got a D in) with a mix from A* to C. I had even passed French which shocked me considering our class was an absolute nightmare. There was a mixture of reactions, some people were walking around proclaiming what GCSE's they failed (which was quite strange) - one lad in particular managed to get an X on his paper, which was a grade I didn't know existed. I found that most of the people who constantly took the piss out of teachers/refused to work because 'no one cares about GCSE's' flopped while many others did really well. I then went home and played on my xbox with the weight of dissapointment/stress off my shoulders. I wouldn't try and judge how well you did on each paper and try to calculate your grade from feelings - just enjoy your summer because it's really hard to judge a paper you sat months ago.
Only results day I've experienced is GCSE results day which was 2 years ago (A-Level Results this year).
I woke up at around 6am and sat around feeling stupidly nervous. I couldn't sit still, so tried to eat breakfast and play some games to take my mind of everything.
9am rolls around so I make my way to the school with my dad. Deputy head greets me and says I've done extremely well and should be proud of myself, and now I'm really starting to freak out (both excited and nervous).
Open the envelope, read the green letter and realise I've gotten great grades in every subject.
Head congratulates me, we take a photo for the papers.
I go home, celebrate with my family, watch TV, fall asleep and enjoy the rest of my summer :^)

That was really a best case scenario and I really worked hard for that outcome. I doubt things will end that great for me on A-Level results day, but maybe it's just history repeating itself.
Good luck to everyone on GCSE and A-Level results day this year, though I doubt anyone here will need the luck at all!
Original post by satsuuki
Only results day I've experienced is GCSE results day which was 2 years ago (A-Level Results this year).
I woke up at around 6am and sat around feeling stupidly nervous. I couldn't sit still, so tried to eat breakfast and play some games to take my mind of everything.
9am rolls around so I make my way to the school with my dad. Deputy head greets me and says I've done extremely well and should be proud of myself, and now I'm really starting to freak out (both excited and nervous).
Open the envelope, read the green letter and realise I've gotten great grades in every subject.
Head congratulates me, we take a photo for the papers.
I go home, celebrate with my family, watch TV, fall asleep and enjoy the rest of my summer :^)

That was really a best case scenario and I really worked hard for that outcome. I doubt things will end that great for me on A-Level results day, but maybe it's just history repeating itself.
Good luck to everyone on GCSE and A-Level results day this year, though I doubt anyone here will need the luck at all!

Well done on your success! I hope your a levels are just as fab!!
Reply 47
I made a video about GCSE results day and what happened, and will be facing A-Level results day this year https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DUHdPISgXZI

But basically woke up, went to sixth form, walked into a lobby where there was a table and some envelopes, collected mine, opened it on the spot, missed entry requirements (got 3A 4B instead of 4A 3B), spoke to deputy head, got told I'm wanted and have a place at the Sixth Form, accepted, went home
Original post by Mahel
I made a video about GCSE results day and what happened, and will be facing A-Level results day this year https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DUHdPISgXZI

But basically woke up, went to sixth form, walked into a lobby where there was a table and some envelopes, collected mine, opened it on the spot, missed entry requirements (got 3A 4B instead of 4A 3B), spoke to deputy head, got told I'm wanted and have a place at the Sixth Form, accepted, went home

Cool!!

Are you a vlogger???
A levels.

Went to my part-time job. Contacted the school, found out my results, was happy. Had a normal evening meal.
Reply 50
Original post by UmamiPiñapple
Cool!!

Are you a vlogger???

You could call me that haha :tongue:
I'm dreading this day
Original post by Mahel
You could call me that haha :tongue:

What a level subjects did you do? What’s your firm and insurance choices and grades?
Reply 53
Original post by MajorFader
What a level subjects did you do? What’s your firm and insurance choices and grades?

I did Business, Media Studies and Diploma in Financial Studies

Firm - University of Nottingham, Management, ABB
Insurance - Nottingham Trent University, Business, 112 UCAS points (BBC on average)
Original post by HeartBlink
I'm dreading this day

Same
Reply 55
It's mad cause I don't actually remember the morning of GCSE results day I just remember picking up my result with my mum in a small room alone and just being filled with excitement and because I had passed English and Maths didn't care about all the others. I didn't stay too long looked at my result and literally left seeing others going in to collect theirs. I know this year A-level results day will be different i'll probably check UCAS in the morning if ive got in to my uni I literally have nothing to worry about.
Give your first hand experience of results day! What was it like, was it as stressful as expected and did anything surprising happen?

Both GCSE and A level is much appreciated!!

This thread is open for discussion

The build-up is the worst. When the day came I sort of had a calm acceptance towards it.
Original post by Kaffee_1998
The build-up is the worst. When the day came I sort of had a calm acceptance towards it.

Would you say it’s better to get the results early to reduce the build up time
Would you say it’s better to get the results early to reduce the build-up time

I suppose so but if so. Whether its practical or not is another question. Either way, you cut it though there will be a build up and its gonna stress people out.
If chicken hula hoops can be decoded then expressed as an emotion, then it's that.

Hold on.

Yeah it's like opening the packet and finding the resources required to carry on a basic day to day life, but not as satisfying and adequate as you hoped. And it smells weird when you open it.

Latest

Trending

Trending