The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Sadieleigh95
I can see this is not an ideal situation, which I completely understand. I just really hope that whatever decision you make is best for YOU and not your family. Some people get pregnant ridiculously easily and some people really struggle. Feel free to message me any time

Feel free to message me if you want. I know you want to be anon but I don’t have a clue who you are and it’s very u likely I will know your family or something

Very nice of h but it's ok i can talk to my friend now
Got another pregnant test and it was positive again :frown:
Original post by Anonymous
Very nice of h but it's ok i can talk to my friend now
Got another pregnant test and it was positive again :frown:

Why the sad face? Do you not want the baby or are you sad because of how your family will react?

Just remmeber whatever you decide to do is completely okay as long as it is your choice and nobody else’s
Original post by Joel 96
Firstly, we both know that's not a real statistic.

Secondly, the OP made the mistake too. It seems that all the blame in this thread is being put on the man, that he forced, or pressured, the girl into having sex with him, as if he's guilty of some sort of latent rape. This is absolutely ridiculous. Either he raped you, or he didn't. If he didn't, then you're at fault as well and should take damn responsibility for your actions. That doesn't mean having some surgeon dismember your offspring because you were too horny to not have sex.

I'm not going to waste too much time on this, as I'm positive the whole thread is a joke, but this is why girls take a bigger risk in having sex. If worst comes to worst and you get pregnant, which there is a chance of everytime, then the the girl's left with it all and the man can stay or walk away if he so chooses.

Rape or not i know better than you who's to blame more
I didn't have sex because i was too horny not to you need to stop judging
Yes don't waste ur time on my thread, i asked for advice not for hatred so bye

'the man can stay or walk away if he chooses' so it's ok for him to leave but not ok for me to abort in ur eyes? 100% sexist u are
Original post by AppleB
OP you need to visit your GP. Don’t be ashamed or scared, they’ll keep everything confidential if you tell them to unless your life is at risk. You won’t be judged, your doctor will listen to you and help you. Make an emergency appointment and take it from there. There’s no point blaming yourself, your situation won’t be changed by stressing.

Tbh some doctor can be judgmental, they'll probably start going on about using protection and i just don't have the energy to explain what actually happened
But anyway it is what it is i got an appointment for 3 days later.
First of all you need to see a doctor and get it confirmed so you know for sure, in the mean time have you had anything that shows you may be pregnant, the bump usually develops around 3-4 months in so is your belly a little bigger? Have your breasts changed? Also do you still get periods? These things matter, it is good to stay in tune with your body.

You should also tell your parents, but only do so after confirming with the doctor (that pregnancy is positive), then once your parents are involved I am sure they'll help hunt the guy down and hold him accountable-don't forget the father is liable for paying child support, so don't rule him out.

Yes, it is gonna be hard but you should've thought about it before doing it, that too without a condom, it takes two to tango.

How do they confirm pregnancy, ultrasound? I did another pregnancy test and it was positive
There's a bump but it's not massively different than what it used to be and my breast haven't changed in size i dont think theyre just a little painful. No i don't get mt period well not the proper ones anyway i sometimes get a small amount of bleeding for a day or 2 i didn't think of it as anything before my periods are messed up normally but noe I'm worried I shouldn't really be bleeding if I'm pregnant right?

Okay thanks. Yes ik protection
Reply 85
If you choose to keep the baby, there are benefits and organisations available to support you. Gingerbread, a charity patroned by former single mum on benefits JK Rowling, is particularly good. Turn2us have a good benefits calculator so you can see how much you'll get. They also have a tool for searching for grants you can apply for.

The National Unplanned Pregnancy Advisory Service offers advice on your options. If you want to talk to someone about it, they have a helpline. They do offer abortions, but they won't pressure you one way or the other.

There's plenty of support available. Remember that this is your choice. Don't make it based on what other people think. It's about what you and you alone want to do.
Reply 86
How do they confirm pregnancy, ultrasound? I did another pregnancy test and it was positive
There's a bump but it's not massively different than what it used to be and my breast haven't changed in size i dont think theyre just a little painful. No i don't get mt period well not the proper ones anyway i sometimes get a small amount of bleeding for a day or 2 i didn't think of it as anything before my periods are messed up normally but noe I'm worried I shouldn't really be bleeding if I'm pregnant right?

Spotting is normal during pregnancy. However, you should mention it to your doctor.
Reply 87
Have you spoken to your friend yet hun? X
Yh he's the same religion I've msged him instead of calling so just waiting 😥
Where are you based? A walk in sexual health clinic could be a good option just to go and talk about your options. They see people every single day in the same situation as you and are great at giving advice without judging because their whole job is to not judge when these things happen.

I hope things are a little better now and you’ve gathered your thoughts a bit, you can message me if you want. Good luck in everything xxx
Why the sad face? Do you not want the baby or are you sad because of how your family will react?

Just remmeber whatever you decide to do is completely okay as long as it is your choice and nobody else’s

Bcoz it'd be better if i wasn't pregnant
Original post by Joel 96
Jesus christ...

Stop acting like you're always like and everyone else wrong
Bcoz it'd be better if i wasn't pregnant

Well nobody wants to get pregnant under the wrong circumstances but it’s happened now so you need to step up and deal with it. You have multiple options so you need to seriously consider them all and make a decision based on what you think is best for you. Don’t make a decision based on what other people think. Whether you keep the baby, abort, adopt etc the decision is yours and whatever you choose is 100% okay as long as you believe it is the right decision.

Obviously people have strong opinions on this subject so I don’t want to offend anybody but I just want you to understand that you need to do what you believe is best
Original post by Anyauk
Have you spoken to your friend yet hun? X

Yh n I'm glad she's being supportive, i love her to bits 😭 plus she can drive so i can quickly get to places and wont need my parents
Original post by katf
If you choose to keep the baby, there are benefits and organisations available to support you. Gingerbread, a charity patroned by former single mum on benefits JK Rowling, is particularly good. Turn2us have a good benefits calculator so you can see how much you'll get. They also have a tool for searching for grants you can apply for.

The National Unplanned Pregnancy Advisory Service offers advice on your options. If you want to talk to someone about it, they have a helpline. They do offer abortions, but they won't pressure you one way or the other.

There's plenty of support available. Remember that this is your choice. Don't make it based on what other people think. It's about what you and you alone want to do.

Thank you this was useful
Well nobody wants to get pregnant under the wrong circumstances but it’s happened now so you need to step up and deal with it. You have multiple options so you need to seriously consider them all and make a decision based on what you think is best for you. Don’t make a decision based on what other people think. Whether you keep the baby, abort, adopt etc the decision is yours and whatever you choose is 100% okay as long as you believe it is the right decision.

Obviously people have strong opinions on this subject so I don’t want to offend anybody but I just want you to understand that you need to do what you believe is best

Yes i know I'm just waiting to hear back from the guy, i really don't know **** sort of reaction I'm expected or what I'd want him to say. Does he also get to chose if i keep or abort since he's the father?
Reply 96
Yes i know I'm just waiting to hear back from the guy, i really don't know **** sort of reaction I'm expected or what I'd want him to say. Does he also get to chose if i keep or abort since he's the father?

He has no say at all in whether you keep or abort. But if you choose to keep it, then he is responsible for paying you maintenance. The system to get it is incredibly complicated though.

I can only say so much since I am a guy, but I do have a medical background. So normally home pregnancy tests are very accurate and the fact that you've had two with a positive result makes pregnancy almost certain. The doctor will probably say what I just said. They'll just give more advice and may refer you to a pregnancy/women's health clinic where you can get more help especially regarding an abortion. I believe you still have some time for an abortion but after like 5/6 months the NHS won't let you have it (may be an option privately though).

When I say bump I mean like your belly getting bigger sort of ballooning or starting to balloon slowly kinda hard to explain but it'll feel different, every woman is different and the belly develops slowly especially for a first time pregnancy. Painful breasts could be anything and that alone can't diagnose a pregnancy, have they grown or feel heavier? And as you said you shouldn't be bleeding.

I must stress I am not yet a medical doctor (not long left :smile:) so you should continue to see your gp for a professional opinion.
Reply 98
I can only say so much since I am a guy, but I do have a medical background. So normally home pregnancy tests are very accurate and the fact that you've had two with a positive result makes pregnancy almost certain. The doctor will probably say what I just said. They'll just give more advice and may refer you to a pregnancy/women's health clinic where you can get more help especially regarding an abortion. I believe you still have some time for an abortion but after like 5/6 months the NHS won't let you have it (may be an option privately though).

When I say bump I mean like your belly getting bigger sort of ballooning or starting to balloon slowly kinda hard to explain but it'll feel different, every woman is different and the belly develops slowly especially for a first time pregnancy. Painful breasts could be anything and that alone can't diagnose a pregnancy, have they grown or feel heavier? And as you said you shouldn't be bleeding.

I must stress I am not yet a medical doctor (not long left :smile:) so you should continue to see your gp for a professional opinion.

The legal limit for abortions is 24 weeks. There are exceptions in the case of foetal abnormalities and if there is a risk to the life of the mother, but other than that, you can't get an abortion. It's not an option privately or on the NHS after 24 weeks.
I told him about my pregnancy and he denied being the dad and insulted me so many times saying that I'm a slut and so i can't be sure that he's the dad and that's not even true bcoz he's the only guy i ever had sex with and he didn't bother using protection so it can only be him, I kept telling him that for a whole ****ing hour and now he keeps saying 'if im the dad then just abort it cos i don't want anything to do with you' because he's got a girlfriend now (wtf?! And he calls me a whore) he's being such a ******** cos he's afraid her gf will find out about it (well i hope she does cos she need to know that shes4not the only gf he's had and that he'll abandon her just as he did with me, he just uses them for his own purpose) and he kept going on and on about abortion, he's literally giving me orders like 'JUST ABORT IT it's not that hard' Wtf if only he could be in my shoes for a second he'd understand how hard it us women to decide to have an abortion, do men not understand that its not just a flipping sperm and egg, its a actual human being
I'm so scared idk what to do he said you better not leak this to my gf or else it wouldn't end well, i mean what can he do to make it worse its already at his worse point. I don't know what to, i don't want this baby to be born in a world where he/she is unwanted by her dad and my entire family and his but i don't think i have the guts to abort it either or through the pregnancy, i just feel like i have no options left anymore

Latest

Trending

Trending