The Student Room Group

Opinions on delayed replies?

What do you think of delayed replies? Been messaging this girl and initially was very quick at replying but now it seems to have slowed up. I can’t tell if it’s because she is losing interest or playing hard to get? Both I think are stupid, surely if you are into someone you would just reply? Especially when you see they have been online etc. so are blatantly not replying even when they potentially could.
Don’t know if I’m reading too much into it or if you have any advice?
Maybe she is not interested? I agree both things you think she may be doing are silly though. I’m the kind of person who checks my phone very often - I worry of missing a message if I am speaking to someone I like - so I never understood this and lowkey hate it.
(edited 5 years ago)
I’m a girl and have had guys do this to me in the last. Them not replyin straight away actually annoys me ad pushes me further away from the guy. So if they are playing hard to get, it makes me lees bothered because it’s just too much effort. If houlike someone don’t play games
Reply 3
i would try not messaging her and see if she messages you, then you know if she's interested.
I don’t mind it if they spend some time to reply. What annoys me is when they go hours or even days without replying, and then say things like ‘oh I was busy’ or ‘I saw your message but forgot to reply’ yet they were evidently active on their social media accounts. And how can you read my message and simply forget to reply? Did you decide to fall asleep straight after reading my message? What’s even worse is that the majority of time I reply pretty quickly to them, and if I don’t then they seem to get mad at me for taking my time. Like, what’s with the double standards here?

Sorry, just felt the need to rant about this.
Some people genuinely have other stuff to do rather than keep replying to social media messages. I text my friend 2 weeks ago, she hasn't replied yet but I know she will when she has a minute just as I often take a week or so to get back to her.

I recommend you leave it for now. If she gets back to you later then thats great, if she doesn't reply at all then you know she wasn't that in to you.
Reply 6
Original post by Toni Cipriani
I don’t mind it if they spend some time to reply. What annoys me is when they go hours or even days without replying, and then say things like ‘oh I was busy’ or ‘I saw your message but forgot to reply’ yet they were evidently active on their social media accounts. And how can you read my message and simply forget to reply? Did you decide to fall asleep straight after reading my message? What’s even worse is that the majority of time I reply pretty quickly to them, and if I don’t then they seem to get mad at me for taking my time. Like, what’s with the double standards here?

Sorry, just felt the need to rant about this.

This is exactly what I’m talking about!! Thank you for putting it so well! It’s just so hypocritical and makes no sense. I just don’t see the logic in it at all.
Original post by Anonymous
What do you think of delayed replies? Been messaging this girl and initially was very quick at replying but now it seems to have slowed up. I can’t tell if it’s because she is losing interest or playing hard to get? Both I think are stupid, surely if you are into someone you would just reply? Especially when you see they have been online etc. so are blatantly not replying even when they potentially could.

Perhaps she's at work or studying? Not everybody is on their phone 24/7 plus you're not her only priority.
Some of us aren't glued to our phones.
Original post by Anonymous

She doesn't want a clingy guy probably, someone who will always be messaging her and looking over her shoulder, or it could be something else entirely, that's life though, you never truly know, just give her the cold shoulder a bit, don't reply instantly to show your're too keen. If you give her the cold shoulder and she doesn't message, sorry bro, if she does though the she is most likely playing hard to get.

Look for suttle hints, are you always asking questions, does she follow up questions with ways to carry on the convocation or just one word answers, things like that.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending