The Student Room Group

Deferring on results day

I hold a conditional offer. So over the summer I decided that I want to take a gap year. I emailed my university admissions and asked if I could defer but they said that they couldn't at the time and i Would need to contact them again on results day if my offer comes unconditional.

My question is: On results day, assuming that I get my grades and my offer becomes unconditional, should I immediatley contact my university and ask if I can defer the offer. Should I do this by email or phone call? Also, if they say no, will I have no choice but to go to the university in september, or withdraw my offer completely and reapply for next year?

Thank you
Original post by Internetkid
I hold a conditional offer. So over the summer I decided that I want to take a gap year. I emailed my university admissions and asked if I could defer but they said that they couldn't at the time and i Would need to contact them again on results day if my offer comes unconditional.

My question is: On results day, assuming that I get my grades and my offer becomes unconditional, should I immediatley contact my university and ask if I can defer the offer. Should I do this by email or phone call? Also, if they say no, will I have no choice but to go to the university in september, or withdraw my offer completely and reapply for next year?

Thank you

Do it on the day, because your place for this year could be given to someone else, but the lines will be quite busy because of students calling about their grades and their places, and students calling about clearing in the afternoon so be prepared for this. If they say no, you will either be able to keep your offer and go in September, withdraw your application from UCAS completely, or ask your firm university to released you into clearing.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending