The Student Room Group

Do unis care about GCSE's HELP

I was looking at uni courses and suddenly thought do they care about your GCSE marks. My GCSE's are not bad but I was worrying that they will not accept me due to my grades.
(edited 5 years ago)
Original post by acedemicstresser
I was looking at uni courses and suddenly thought do they care about your GCSE marks. My GCSE's are not bad but I was worrying whether they will not accept me due to my grades.

They will look at them, yes.

How they weigh them depends on the university, e.g. Oxford and medicine/dentistry courses will care about them more.

Your A-Levels are far more important.
Original post by Blue_Cow
They will look at them, yes.

How they weigh them depends on the university, e.g. Oxford and medicine/dentistry courses will care about them more.

Your A-Levels are far more important.

I got nothing lower than a B and I'm scared cause I messed up my second year of GCSEs a little I won't get to do what I want to
Original post by acedemicstresser
I got nothing lower than a B and I'm scared cause I messed up my second year of GCSEs a little I won't get to do what I want to

You'll be fine. Stop stressing!
Depends on the Uni and the course. Unis like Oxford and LSE GCSEs are important, and subjects like medicine and dentistry often have GCSE requirements or you are at least expected to have certain number of higher grades. But majority of Unis and courses ask for 5 passes as a minimum, A Levels are far more important.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending