The Student Room Group

Mozzarella? Cheddar? Roquefort? Toastie tries to find her way...

Scroll to see replies

Original post by stalkingsilence
bake off of course!!! my faveee went out last week my heart was broken. and the good place when it finally comes out on ae netflix :cry:

i'm glad you've had a "normal" week :heart: cold rain really sucks tbh, i hope your fingers are alright now:tong:

:woo:
hope your week was good:wink: my fingers are nice n toasty now:yep:

Original post by Lemur14
Sounds like you've been super busy! Well done for getting all those assessments done! (I'm not sure if you're actually sitting the AS exams, but if you are you get 37.5 minutes for each stats and mechanics so that's precise too :lol:)

Bake off :gah: (although I'm not up to date so trying to avoid spoilers) and the apprentice :awesome: (up to date as off about an hour ago :lol:)

Posted from TSR Mobile

i'm always super busy:laugh: thanks:wink: (i'm not:colondollar: but gosh they like to be precise!)
i'm not up to date either:sadnod: but i am up to date on the apprentice:woo:
Original post by Toastiekid

i'm always super busy:laugh: thanks:wink: (i'm not:colondollar: but gosh they like to be precise!)
i'm not up to date either:sadnod: but i am up to date on the apprentice:woo:

Me too :laugh: (well it's because you get 75 minutes for both sections...)
At least I'm not the only one :five: Usually I catch up on a Sunday but it's my dad's birthday and we haven't had time :cry:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Lemur14
Me too :laugh: (well it's because you get 75 minutes for both sections...)
At least I'm not the only one :five: Usually I catch up on a Sunday but it's my dad's birthday and we haven't had time :cry:

Posted from TSR Mobile

oh that makes sense:lol:
i normally catch up on a sunday too but didn't get the chance today:frown:
oh that makes sense:lol:
i normally catch up on a sunday too but didn't get the chance today:frown:

My dad has this irritating thing that we can't watch it without him so it's practically impossible to watch it in the week :cry: Probably gonna be 2 weeks behind for the rest of the series now :facepalm:
Original post by Lemur14
My dad has this irritating thing that we can't watch it without him so it's practically impossible to watch it in the week :cry: Probably gonna be 2 weeks behind for the rest of the series now :facepalm:

:console:
happy happy bunny
writing this in the morning and my train has just been turned into a super fast train to my end destination and is missing the 893373839 stops in between and it’s empty and I’m so happy:gah: it’s the little things in life
monday
really struggled to get up on Monday morning (probably because I was surfing the web till quite late the night before:facepalm:)
I had statistics first thing and we looked at the large data set (:woo:?) on excel. This lesson essentially consisted of me going ‘help there’s a green dotted line dancing round my cell how do I get rid of it?!’ and going ‘help my graph has no bars in it?!’ It was really fun though because we looked at the data from all the London boroughs and all competed about where we lived:colondollar:
Then I had problem solving, this wasn’t too bad; I actually managed to solve a problem:rave: (with many hints from the phd student guy:lol:). We also had to submit a formal proof as homework which I was pretty unsure about so I just wrote my working for the problem and handed it in. SOME PEOPLE SUBMITTED TWO SIDES OF PAPER. I was baffled:laugh:
After break I had economics in which we looked at cross price elasticity of demand:eek: and drew many a graph. We also got back our k assessment marks but I’m not going to share them till we formally get them back with grades:teehee: (on Thursday I think:dontknow:)
In physics support we got back our physics k assessments and went through them. We also filled out this sheet about why we got each question wrong which’ll be useful for revision in the future as it identified my strengths and weaknesses *cough* optics *cough*
year lead was after lunch and we ‘reflected on our k assessments’
A bit messy but here’s my reflection:
Attachment not found

Finally I had core. We got a new seating plan and I was kept with one of the people on my table and two of my friends were moved to my table:party: We went over our k assessment:smile: before doing some algebraic fractions.
after school I went home and did nothing productive or worth mentioning:colondollar: oops.

tuesday
Tuesday began with a free in which I completed my mechanics homework and procrastinated doing my physics homework whoops.
Then I had double physics, we did resistivity and conductivity then did a PAG to try and find the resistivity of a metal wire. I need to write up my notes neatly for homework and draw a graph:yawn:
economics was after, we looked at price elasticity of supply and got back some old homeworks, mine got moved up to greens:smile:
After lunch I had core, we looked at the difference between equations and identities and then proved some identities:smile: there was also a photographer in the lesson which was weird:lol:
Finally I had mechanics in which we did pulleys (ended up with some slightly inappropriate looking drawings:erm: definitely not pg rated...)
after school I went to a talk by this guy who went to a Russian maths school and then went home and did no work (this is becoming a common theme...)
[written in the afternoon]

wednesday
Today began with personal development in which we discussed stereotypes and labelling. Twas interesting as usual:wink:
double economics was next, we finished off all the price elasticity stuff and then looked at some exam technique. I discovered that omg there’s a lot more writing than I thought in economics:cry:
core was next, we worked on expanding the brackets to make polynomials which was relatively easy:woo:
After lunch I had assembly which was about Ada Lovelace and women in stem. We’ve also been told that we’re to start doing #100daysofhappiness starting tomorrow:excited: I’m not sure which social media to use for it though:dontknow:
Then there was challenge, we split off into groups to do a practice senior team maths challenge. I really liked it:gah:; it was so much fun working through the questions in a team/pair:smile: we’re doing another one next week:party:
after school I plan to do the long physics homework which I’ve been procrastinating since it was set last Thursday:colondollar: I suspect it won’t be completed to the best quality oops.

I hope everyone’s having a lovely week:heart: I’ll update at some point once I’ve gotten my K assessment results back:eek:
:hugs:
TOASTIEKID
10/10/18

toastinators:lovehug:

Spoiler

(edited 5 years ago)
the large data set is the worst thing that happened to maths!
yay for a new seating plan in core though! :woo:
erm... did you not go to open days/evenings? economics is an essay based subject...
TSR is a form of social media if you're going to do the #100daysofhappiness
hehe.. i have a lot of physics homework as well... :five: good luck with yours! :rave:
100 days of happiness sounds lovely:wink:
hope you're doing well:hugs:
i find your school so cool toastie :gah:
Being unproductive after school? I guess that makes 2 of us then :biggrin:
Original post by nyxnko_
(the large data set is the worst thing that happened to maths!
yay for a new seating plan in core though! :woo:
erm... did you not go to open days/evenings? economics is an essay based subject...
TSR is a form of social media if you're going to do the #100daysofhappiness
hehe.. i have a lot of physics homework as well... :five: good luck with yours! :rave:

it is?! i thought it was pretty cool (but mainly due to the London borough competitions we had:laugh: )
:party:
i didn't for the school i'm at now:colondollar: and i never bothered looking at economics at any of the other schools i went to because i thought it looked boring so wasn't even considering it:facepalm:
don't think i'll go for tsr as we have to show evidence and i do not want my teachers knowing my tsr username:eek:
:woo: mine went awfully; i gave up halfway through i was struggling so much:cry: (and i left it till the night before so can't ask for help:frown:)
Original post by entertainmyfaith
100 days of happiness sounds lovely:wink:
hope you're doing well:hugs:

it does:yep:
:hugs: hope you are too:wink:
Original post by clouddbubbles
i find your school so cool toastie :gah:

me too:teehee:
Original post by Fazzy_77
Being unproductive after school? I guess that makes 2 of us then :biggrin:

hehe shhhh:hugs:
Agree with Kei, the large data set is not nice... Far too much detail required! Like literally who cares if there was a storm in some place I don't remember the name of in October 1987 (or whatever the year in the data set is)
Team maths challenge is great though, the questions are soo much better than the individual challenge questions!
:lol: At writing in economics... I considered it but then looked at some papers, saw 25/30 markers or something and didn't consider it a second longer :rofl:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Lemur14
Agree with Kei, the large data set is not nice... Far too much detail required! Like literally who cares if there was a storm in some place I don't remember the name of in October 1987 (or whatever the year in the data set is)
Team maths challenge is great though, the questions are soo much better than the individual challenge questions!
:lol: At writing in economics... I considered it but then looked at some papers, saw 25/30 markers or something and didn't consider it a second longer :rofl:

Posted from TSR Mobile

lol okay clearly i'm going to stop liking it when we stop drawing simple graphs from it:lol:
agreed:yep: and working with other people is so much more interesting:rave:
:teehee:
it is?! i thought it was pretty cool (but mainly due to the London borough competitions we had:laugh: )
:party:
i didn't for the school i'm at now:colondollar: and i never bothered looking at economics at any of the other schools i went to because i thought it looked boring so wasn't even considering it:facepalm:
don't think i'll go for tsr as we have to show evidence and i do not want my teachers knowing my tsr username:eek:
:woo: mine went awfully; i gave up halfway through i was struggling so much:cry: (and i left it till the night before so can't ask for help:frown:)

you'll admit it's pretty disgusting after while (guaranteed, get your money back if not! :yep:)
:rofl: fair. i didn't like it at gcse so i figured there wasn't going to a point to me taking it at a-level.
maybe not.. insta?
awww... :console:
Original post by nyxnko_
you'll admit it's pretty disgusting after while (guaranteed, get your money back if not! :yep:)
:rofl: fair. i didn't like it at gcse so i figured there wasn't going to a point to me taking it at a-level.
maybe not.. insta?
awww... :console:

money...what money?:cry:
:laugh: good thinking, I’m enjoying it just writing is ughhh
:dontknow:
:frown:
lol okay clearly i'm going to stop liking it when we stop drawing simple graphs from it:lol:
agreed:yep: and working with other people is so much more interesting:rave:
:teehee:

I mean perhaps if you do it properly it's alright (we covered the entire thing in 20 minutes...this is not advisable)...but still, stupidly specific information needed :grumble:
That bit is fun, but I just really like the questions...if they didn't decide on the team maths challenge team by giving them senior maths challenge questions I'd have loved to do it again (did it at intermediate which was really fun)
money...what money?:cry:
:laugh: good thinking, I’m enjoying it just writing is ughhh
:dontknow:
:frown:

:rofl:
yeah.. hated the essays :yucky:
:lovehug:
:woo: yay for a good week!
your problem solving class sounds hard... is it in preparation for senior maths challange or something?
Original post by Lemur14
I mean perhaps if you do it properly it's alright (we covered the entire thing in 20 minutes...this is not advisable)...but still, stupidly specific information needed :grumble:
That bit is fun, but I just really like the questions...if they didn't decide on the team maths challenge team by giving them senior maths challenge questions I'd have loved to do it again (did it at intermediate which was really fun)

oh dear:lol:
:console: i like the crosswords:yep:
awh, wish i'd had the opportunity to do the intermediate one:frown:
Original post by nyxnko_
:rofl:
yeah.. hated the essays :yucky:
:lovehug:

:laugh:
:hugs:
Original post by SarcAndSpark
Hey, sounds like things are going ok in most of your subjects?

Don't forget it's not about where you start, it's about where you finish, and you're definitely heading in the right direction!

yeah they are:yep:
i feel like if i made a list of everything you said then i could make a motivational mug or something with them written on and instantly become very well off:teehee:
Original post by laurawatt
:woo: yay for a good week!
your problem solving class sounds hard... is it in preparation for senior maths challange or something?

:smile: hope you had a good week too:wink:
it is:yep: no, it just gets you used to solving problems, approaching problems and writing up proofs:eek: (and it's challenging and teaches areas of maths not taught in the a-level:woo: )

:smile: hope you had a good week too:wink:
it is:yep: no, it just gets you used to solving problems, approaching problems and writing up proofs:eek: (and it's challenging and teaches areas of maths not taught in the a-level:woo: )

prsom :rip:
:eek: i would be no good at that :lol:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending