The Student Room Group

Frontline Social Work Cohort 2019

Scroll to see replies

Reply 780
Original post by lee1985
Did anyone go to the assessment centres on 10, 11 Jan (or just before) and if so have you had an outcome yet?

I went on the 11th Jan and have not heard anything yet!
Does anyone know if we get a bursary payment during the summer institute?
Hi, I had my video interview today... can't sleep! How long did it take to hear back?
Original post by newns17

From what I gathered from the website faq's.. no. But you can apply for other things if low income. However, it also said that the details would be given at the assessment centre. My guess is though that these are the 'extra' funding that you would have got during your degree, so if you weren't eligible then you may not be now. There are other grants out there though so may be worth a Google search to see.
Original post by Lex2010
Hi, I had my video interview today... can't sleep! How long did it take to hear back?

I had mine Dec 8th and got the invitation to the assessment centre on Dec 13th. I guess it depends how many they get etc etc. I have the assessment centre next Friday as I couldn't make the December ones. I actually could have done the AC on Dec 14th if I had been in the UK as that was the first date on the portal!
Had my offer docs through today!
Original post by clodzy

Good news! Im still waiting for them to approve my reference but this is positive. What do the offer documents say? What are we expected to do when we reach that point?
Declined and double confirmed that if the withdraw button disappears off your application then you’re out. There was a 2 day gap between getting the rejection letter and the withdraw button going so it is a faster way of being able to tell.
Original post by newns17

No unfortunately we do not get a payment till September and as I’m having to give up work at the beginning of July that’s quite sad!
Original post by lee1985
Declined and double confirmed that if the withdraw button disappears off your application then you’re out. There was a 2 day gap between getting the rejection letter and the withdraw button going so it is a faster way of being able to tell.

Sorry to hear that. All the best going forward x
Original post by clodzy

Lucky lady! Congrats! STILL waiting on references being looked at!
Just wondering how people are feeling accommodation wise. The bursary is limited so just wondering is some people might be looking at the option of flat/house sharing? I'm going to be relocating from Scotland and although I've always lived alone I'm open to the idea just so I haven't got the extra worry of finances on top of what is going to be a lot of hard work.
Reply 792
Original post by lee1985

Oh no sorry to hear. My withdrawals button has also disappeared so I must be unsuccessful too. I had my assessment centre last week.
Original post by 37spb
Oh no sorry to hear. My withdrawals button has also disappeared so I must be unsuccessful too. I had my assessment centre last week.

100% I’d put my ass on the line. Looked into it a lot and spoke to a few people privately and that’s the conclusion I came to - then the rejection letter came. Sorry to hear you didn’t get in either, next year I’ll be applying again and will smash it as I now know what to expect.
I didn’t get a Christmas card and my references haven’t been approved. Hope I haven’t been forgotten about 😂😭😅
Original post by invisiblenova
I didn’t get a Christmas card and my references haven’t been approved. Hope I haven’t been forgotten about 😂😭😅

Aww I’m sure you haven’t been forgotten about. I have one reference waiting approval. No offer documental over here. Maybe next week we’ll move onto the next stage. I did see on the portal there are still assessment centre days all the way till end of January
(edited 5 years ago)
Original post by Sindi91
Aww I’m sure you haven’t. I have one reference waiting approval. No offer documental over here. Maybe next week we’ll move onto the next stage

That would be the best thing ever!
I wonder if they will do a whole new DBS or accept those on the update service. Anybody know?
Hey I’ve just submitted my video interview yesterday (found it a lot harder than expected!) just wondering if anyone has got an assessment centre left to do in January? I’d love to know the dates if I’ve somehow got that far!

Original post by PJEFlower
Hey I’ve just submitted my video interview yesterday (found it a lot harder than expected!) just wondering if anyone has got an assessment centre left to do in January? I’d love to know the dates if I’ve somehow got that far!

Hi there. I have my assessment centre this Friday afternoon.... In the portal I saw dates for Jan 30 and Feb 6 but it depends what other people book as to what is available. I have waited over a month because I was living overseas.....

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending