The Student Room Group

Am I the only one who feels like my summer break has been wasted?

All I've been doing is cleaning my room because it turned into a tip as I didn't have time to clean from being so busy with uni work all year. Any free time I had wasn't much and I used it to rest because I was exhausted from all the work. I just finished cleaning today and feel like my summer has been wasted. I've got 3 weeks to go before I'm back at uni. Any one else think there summer break has been completely wasted?
Reply 1
Lol, I’m doing my GCSE’s this year and I haven’t done anything over the holiday, not even gone on holiday or gone out that often, just stayed home and watched movies and played. You’re never the only one bro.
Reply 2
Me, finished my A levels in June was one of the first to finish from my sixth form and I went on holiday for 2 weeks but that’s it, I have no idea where the time has gone all I’ve done is clean my room and watch films
My holidays officially start from 4pm Wednesday, my final hand in date for my masters. Whilst I do feel like I haven't been able to do 'summer' things because of my dissertation, I have done a dissertation so I suppose that isn't a waste :laugh: :dontknow:.

Cleaning and having a nice environment has to be good for you, though, try and make the most of these next few weeks they will fly by x
I replaced the rotten joists and floorboards in my mum's kitchen, larder and freezer room. Saved her a load of money on getting workmen in to do it.

So my August hasn't been totally wasted.

Maybe next summer you could undertake some house renovation / repair work s817? Or maybe some other job or project that will be satisfying when finished?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending