The Student Room Group

Unfortunately venting again

I know I vent on here a lot it’s just what I do cause no one will want to hear . The same thing over and over again, yea well that’s why I come on here no matter where I am at work or anywhere with friends/family I’m on this app blogging . Anyway no matter how hard I try to get over being on social media a lot nothing works I’m glad I’m not catfishing anymore im relieved because that caused more depression for me even though I miss it I realize it’s not good to deceive anyone .i still have kik where I talk to one person only and he doesn’t know I’m not that girl he doesn’t question me about anything or even tries know anything personally like the other person I spoke to for a while wanted to know everything .which isn’t bad because no one wants to be lied to .. but I know I will delete kik soon it’s not like I speak to anyone only one contact which is boring . The phone is boring but I still can’t stand that i manage to be on social media a lot and I don’t post much on Facebook and Twitter I don’t even show my face or post on snap chat . I still look at the girl page who’s pictures I used but not as much as used to you when I was catfishing.
Original post by Anonymous
I know I vent on here a lot it’s just what I do cause no one will want to hear . The same thing over and over again, yea well that’s why I come on here no matter where I am at work or anywhere with friends/family I’m on this app blogging . Anyway no matter how hard I try to get over being on social media a lot nothing works I’m glad I’m not catfishing anymore im relieved because that caused more depression for me even though I miss it I realize it’s not good to deceive anyone .i still have kik where I talk to one person only and he doesn’t know I’m not that girl he doesn’t question me about anything or even tries know anything personally like the other person I spoke to for a while wanted to know everything .which isn’t bad because no one wants to be lied to .. but I know I will delete kik soon it’s not like I speak to anyone only one contact which is boring . The phone is boring but I still can’t stand that i manage to be on social media a lot and I don’t post much on Facebook and Twitter I don’t even show my face or post on snap chat . I still look at the girl page who’s pictures I used but not as much as used to you when I was catfishing.

You are making progress. Start doing things in your own name and doing things outside like voluntary work to get you out. It might seem impossible but making a life for yourself and being yourself might not be that bad and better than pretending to be someone else.
Reply 2

Cat fishing is weird because although you know the relationship is not real, you end up falling into the trap and giving up your own feelings, thoughts and ideas. The depressing part is that you then realise that the connection you make with that person is unsustainable and how much you wish that it was not fake.

Your social media addiction will probably be because you lack something in your own life. You use the fake world of social media (which by the way is highly edited, no one posts their flaws open to the world) to create dreams or ambitions for your own life that you think other people have, most of which they do not have... for example perfect abs, great relationships without arguments, debt free lives with unlimited cars..

Why not be the difference, work your ass off, suffer the failures and depressions of life to actually get what you want.. not pretend you have it.
Reply 3
@PrincipalSkinner STFU GTFOH stupid
Reply 4
@999tigger I’m trying even though it’s hard not to relapse..but I’m making steps and stuff are in my real name. The app I used to catfish been deleted I have to email the chat site to fully deactivate the account permanently.. yea it’s like I lost my life pretending to be someone else so I have to find myself again. Yea I gotta get comfortable being myself. Thanks

Because everybody on tsr has the same problems if being lonely, not having any or many friends, can't find a partner I feel I have to keep repeating myself about the same thing just incase they have not heard about it before.
You can still have a life doing this and venting or if you don't want to show your face you can wear a half mask or direct the camera on to a blank space.
I use all 3 of these but not as often as I used to.
It's called live streaming apps
Try these 3 called
Skout
Live.Me
Bigo Live

Well done for stopping before it went too far. What's your problem now? is it lack of people to talk to online?? Is it okay if i ask you how old you are?
Reply 7
@Judge Jules that’s true . but im trying get off of the phone more to over come phone addiction.. yea I will never go on skout again that’s the app I was catfishing ppl on for a while . My friend told me about live. Me I don’t need to be on those apps .
Reply 8
@Heroic_ yea ur right it is depressing because u develop a bond with that person and when they find out who u really are it changes and become distant. Exactly you’re so right it is because of what I lack that gave an attachment to social media I use to despise social media but yea looking and keeping up with other ppl on social media cause depression and some type of interest all at once Smh. Yea I’m trying to do that be myself and learn who I am
Reply 9
I’m 21 my problem is I want to over come phone addiction. i don’t really speak to people online so not ,having ppl to txt or call made the phone boring to be on.so I don’t want to catfish again that’s a waste of life
I’m 21 my problem is I want to over come phone addiction. i don’t really speak to people online so not ,having ppl to txt or call made the phone boring to be on.so I don’t want to catfish again that’s a waste of life

I'm addicted to watching the show catfish it's actually so amazing! I wouldnt recommend doing it from watching it it feels sad but you don't acctually feel the effect it could have on the person at the end they say sorry but that can't fix the years wasted.

We are all beautiful , always someone there for everyone

Latest

Trending

Trending