The Student Room Group

Long distance relationships? - how are you doing it?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Occitanie
Am I’m enjoying every second the fact we don’t live 4000 miles apart

Okay mate haha, I wish I could come over and give you a cookie. Look, I am glad you are enjoying your relationship but 45 minutes IS NOT long distance. That was my point, nothing more, nothing less.
I'd die literally without my girl beside me.
Original post by urbanwarfare
I'd die literally without my girl beside me.

I thin the only reason I am coping is because I know she is back next year. If she went back home and did not know if/when she would be back then I would not be able to cope.
i didn't realise there was a solid distance which qualified you into having a ldr??? yeah 4000 miles is a lot more than 45 min but still takes its toll.
Long distance will ONLY ever work if *BOTH* people *want* to make it work and do whatever it takes to make it work
Original post by kikideekee
i didn't realise there was a solid distance which qualified you into having a ldr??? yeah 4000 miles is a lot more than 45 min but still takes its toll.

45 minutes takes it's toll? It takes me 45 minutes to get to work everyday. I'd happily have my gf that close to me. 45 minutes means you can still see them every week etc. That's not long distance, especially for me. Ask people who's partners are hours away if 45 mins is an LDR .
(edited 5 years ago)
Reply 26
45 minutes would be a breeze compared to a 13 hour coach ride 😂

I'm confused though, you say you're in a LDR but then tell others who are that they aren't, how does that work? 😂
Original post by Elektra06
45 minutes would be a breeze compared to a 13 hour coach ride 😂

I'm confused though, you say you're in a LDR but then tell others who are that they aren't, how does that work? 😂

Lmao, I know right. My gf is an eight hour plane ride away and this guy is complaining about 45 minutes!
Original post by MrMusician95
Lmao, I know right. My gf is an eight hour plane ride away and this guy is complaining about 45 minutes!

I think you're missing the takeaway from what he's saying. It's not a competition whose partner is further away, it all comes down to that individual and what they feel they can personally cope with. To some, 45 minutes is a long way away, particularly if you don't drive, if you're young, if neither of you can comfortably afford public transport to go and see each other, it doesn't make that relationship any less valid. I think regardless of whether your partner is in another country or an hour down the motorway, the distance affects everyone differently. What I do agree with is the main point people here are making that these things only work if you're determined that they will. Personally, I have no idea if my current relationship will work, considering he's in America right now, but I think the important thing to remember here is that if you're compatable enough together, and you put the effort in, then that's all anyone can ask for. If it works, then that's fantastic. But if it doesn't, it's important to remember it happened for a reason. There was a time before, and there will be a time after
Reply 29
Keep the contact up, whenever you can! I'm assuming you're in the same time zone which makes things a lot easier, but you need to to talk as often as you can, whatsapp, facetime/skype, whatever you use, make sure you're talking about everything. And that means the good, the bad and the ugly, if you're feeling down, you've gotta let the other person know and they might know how to help.

Long distance is tough, but it is doable 100%!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending