The Student Room Group

boyfriend wants to break up before i go uni

I start university in 2024 (boyfriend isnt going to uni) yet he mentioned how we'd probs have to split beforehand due to it be 'long distance' (im not even going far). It just baffles me how hes mentioned it considering IM the one going, not him.
He said he doesn't want to 'rob' me of my 'uni life' when i want nothing more than to focus on my course and stay with him. Not to mention id also be a commuting student rather than staying in an accom.
I don't understand how hes brought this up' hes still being sweet to me and wanting to take me out etc but this is a bit odd.
Reply 1
Probably just insecurity with you going and away meeting new people. Just reassure him that’s not what you want
It's very common for semi serious relationships to end at this point tbh, it's no mystery how the idea has got in his head (we get 1000s of 'I have dumped/should I dump for uni' threads, 1000s
Reply 3
Original post by Anonymous
I start university in 2024 (boyfriend isnt going to uni) yet he mentioned how we'd probs have to split beforehand due to it be 'long distance' (im not even going far). It just baffles me how hes mentioned it considering IM the one going, not him.
He said he doesn't want to 'rob' me of my 'uni life' when i want nothing more than to focus on my course and stay with him. Not to mention id also be a commuting student rather than staying in an accom.
I don't understand how hes brought this up' hes still being sweet to me and wanting to take me out etc but this is a bit odd.

Maybe for the first time you two are 'long distance', get him to travel to you, to show how much effort he's willing to put in, to make the relationship work.
That's what I would suggest.
Reply 4
Original post by Anonymous

I don't blame him for wanting out when going to uni

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending