The Student Room Group

my boyfriend keeps telling me that he'll visit me but in the end he never does

i have been in a long distance relationship with my boyfriend for almost 2 years. we live in the same country but not in the same city, the distance is almost 300 km. we only saw each other once, it was last november when i went on a trip with my faculty to his city. but before that he kept telling me almost every month that he will come visit me and it never happens. at first i was understanding because he is busier than me but now i just feel sad, hurt and let down. a few days ago i started telling him how i felt when he mentioned that he might visit on valentines day. after that he became very distant and dry with texts. i don't know what to do or say anymore. i was hopping that we would talk about it and that he would reassure me but i clearly said something wrong.
Original post by Anonymous #1
i have been in a long distance relationship with my boyfriend for almost 2 years. we live in the same country but not in the same city, the distance is almost 300 km. we only saw each other once, it was last november when i went on a trip with my faculty to his city. but before that he kept telling me almost every month that he will come visit me and it never happens. at first i was understanding because he is busier than me but now i just feel sad, hurt and let down. a few days ago i started telling him how i felt when he mentioned that he might visit on valentines day. after that he became very distant and dry with texts. i don't know what to do or say anymore. i was hopping that we would talk about it and that he would reassure me but i clearly said something wrong.

Live in the same country different city only means one thing lack of effort.
Original post by username5955039
Live in the same country different city only means one thing lack of effort.

It could be cost. I live on the south cost of England and 300km from me is Liverpool, and a return train ticket is £130.
Either he is not able to have a relationship that involves meeting up with you in the forseeable future or he is a liar in the habit of bluffing you with empty promises to visit that he never had any intention of keeping.

Whichever one it is, ask yourself whether you are happy and really want to continue being in a relationship with him.
If not, you know what to do.
Good luck!
Reply 4
What's stopping you from visiting him?
I’ve been in your situation before, after about 6 months of him promising to visit and not doing it, I broke up with him, if he’s consistently going through a loop of saying he’ll visit and then not visiting I think you know what to do, I know it’s not what you want to hear but long distance relationships are difficult anyway without being let down all the time, good luck :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending