The Student Room Group

Will Apprenticeship help in getting accepted for uni?

I applied for multiple unis in Jan but couldn't get in due to lower grades and now I have decided to do Apprenticeship for 3 months so will it help in getting into uni with lower grades?
Original post by YukiNg
I applied for multiple unis in Jan but couldn't get in due to lower grades and now I have decided to do Apprenticeship for 3 months so will it help in getting into uni with lower grades?

Usually an apprenticeship will only help with getting into uni if you complete the associated qualification. Usually this would take a lot longer than 3 months.

Have you thought about a foundation year or an access course?
Reply 2
I want to be in international year one as I think it’s the only option left because my parents don’t want to waste money on foundation. Is there any which would be available to contact today?
Just a thought. You can go in as a mature student i.e. a person whos had a working life and can bring that knowledge to the course. In engineering this is as important as a A Level and at your pre uni meeting this can be explained by you and the work you did. You never know of cousre it depends on the type of apprenticeship you did i guess . Its all down to the guy who interviews you really and who you sell yourself.
Reply 4
I don’t want to go in as a mature student at all. I had a DDE in A level but I hope I can still get a place in clearing
Reply 5
I already made an account @KiraReturns but I forgot the password so I created this new one

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending