The Student Room Group

2nd year internships on a 4 year course?

I'm about to start the 2nd year of my degree but it's a 4 year course and I'd really like to find an internship next summer. However most internships are only available for students in their penultimate year of study- I was wondering if anyone knows any companies that offer summer internships for 1st year students/ 2nd year students on a 4 year course?
If not, I'm aware of people that managed to get internships in the summer of their first year- is this done simply by cold calling companies?
Reply 1
I would advise that you simply apply for the internships if you think you are fully qualified. While at university I did two internships that were aimed at penultimate year students (I was also on a 4 year course). Especially as you are on a 4 year degree, it won't be immediately obvious that you are not a penultimate student.

If you are the best person for the job, it's unlikely this will stop you. In my first year I did an internship that I had been discouraged from applying for because it was considered a first year student would ever be chosen. Unless students are automatically being rejected.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending