The Student Room Group

Super nervous about my driving test..

I’ve got my test in just over a month and I just can’t seem to stop thinking about it. I spend most my time on these forums or on YouTube trying to surround myself with how to pass. I’m doing 2 1/2 hours a week of lessons as well as going out for 30-60mins in my own car every day. I’m stressing out about manoeuvres - I can do them fine in my lessons but today when I tried reverse bay parking in my own car I was completely out! I can do normal driving fine - gear changes, hill starts, roundabouts, junctions and road position all okay!! HOW do you do manoeuvres?? Help would be much appreciated! X
You need to adjust your driving style to the size of the car, assuming your instructors car is a different size to your own. You can also adjust your mirrors up and down to get a good viewing angle of curbs, lines of parking bays and other cars.
Reply 2
Watching videos on all of the manoeuvres can really help. Also watch videos of people taking the test on YouTube so you get an idea of what the test is like and what to do on your test. Just make sure to get used to driving your own car a lot and eventually it will click. After several practices, your brain will tell you what reference points of the car to follow when doing the manoeuvres, and you'll be able to pull it off in no time. Don't worry, you can do it! Good luck on your test :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending