The Student Room Group

How to ask mum to go on birth control?

Hi,

I’m 15 and recently became sexually active with my boyfriend. We use condoms, but would like to be extra safe. Can I get birth control without my mum knowing, or would she have to know due to my age? She is quite religious and would probably not approve of my choice to become sexually active :/ any advice would be greatly appreciated
Good on you being very mature with the contraception. Although it IS technically illegal to be having sex at 15. How have you been buying condoms? I dont even know if doctors will prescribe you birth control let alone your mum tbh.
Reply 2
If you go to a sexual health clinic you can get the pill without your mam knowing :smile:
They do that for young people as young as 14.

Double up with condoms to protect yourself extra and stay safe x
Reply 3
Your main concern is your Mom is religious (Christian/Muslim ?) and will disapprove of your active sex life with your bf. Try and understand what she would say if you told her you are now intimate, as she is naturally concerned about your changing atittude to boys, to her and her faith in God. Even, if she wasnt religious does not mean Athiest Mums would approve anymore either.
I really think you should inform your Doctor before you make a bad choice, like getting birth control from shady or dubious people, avoid any pressure from your boyfriend and see your Doctor.
Today an increasing amount of girls are waiting until they are bit older before they lose their virginity. It is no longer considered prudish or immature, just like vast reduction of people who dont smoke cigarettes after decades of health problems. Girls have heard too many disaster stories from their Parents era. Stopping full sex now until you are older is safest sex. You are not a virgin anymore, but you can wait until you are better prepared emotionally, morally, legally and physically.
(edited 5 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest