The Student Room Group

My sexuality

I am 11 years old currently. I have been wishing to be a boy ever since I was 7 or 8. I told this to my mom and she said I'm not trans, I'm just a tomboy. So am I trans? I know I'm not a tomboy, so what would I be? About a year ago I started doing girly things thinking it would change my mind and I would be happy. I just realized I don't. I want short hair, I want to look, sound, be almost anything like a guy, even with the disadvantages. So what am I?
You're still young, and at a time in your life when hormones are beginning to flow and mess with your brain. It's possible you are trans, but it's also possible this is just a phase you'll grow out of. I want to warn you that labelling yourself as something so young can have a detrimental effect on your mental health, and may make you convinced you're trans when you may not be, which can lead to a lot of upset and confusion later on in life.There are plenty of cases where people have known they were trans since they were a child, but also plenty where they identifed as trans young and then changed their mind later on. I'm not saying you're not trans, just that you should keep an open mind about it. For now, just do what ever you feel comfortable with, be that having short hair, wearing guy's clothes, etc. Don't try and make yourself be 'girly' just because that's what you think you should be. Live your life as you feel comfortable, and worry about labels and treatments and all that later on, when your hormones have settled down and your brain is more stable.
Original post by Jaiden31507
I am 11 years old currently. I have been wishing to be a boy ever since I was 7 or 8. I told this to my mom and she said I'm not trans, I'm just a tomboy. So am I trans? I know I'm not a tomboy, so what would I be? About a year ago I started doing girly things thinking it would change my mind and I would be happy. I just realized I don't. I want short hair, I want to look, sound, be almost anything like a guy, even with the disadvantages. So what am I?

if you have a vagina your a girl mate. Simple.
Reply 3
I kind of agree with them… part of the problem is the main reason they get the sex change Is because they think they can’t be comfortable with who they are as a guy, they have to be a girl to be comfortable with it. A guy can be feminine and enjoy girly things and vice versa.

They believe their mind doesn’t match their body, it’s usually a misconception on false beliefs on what they’re expected to be.
Reply 4
in my hometown the people would be like ..she has got a demon, a male demon, send her to the mountain with a load of priests for clensing lol
So your telling me that if you could be born in the wrong body?
You aren't alone. I've been out as trans for almost 2 years, and I knew from an early age too. You can't rule out hormones making your body go weird during puberty, but you also should be true to yourself. I recommend waiting a bit (which I know sounds hard, I've been there too) and seeing if you feel the same way. It seems like your mum, like mine, is just worried about you being bullied and stuff if you
Original post by adi.xhm123
So your telling me that if you could be born in the wrong body?

I really don't know why people follow this trend. Its clearly attention seeking. If you have a vagina, your a girl. If you have a penis, your a boy. It so simple. Please bend over slowly and shove this ideology up your ***. The NHS already wastes Millions of £s a year on this rubbish.
Original post by BTECSalmon
You aren't alone. I've been out as trans for almost 2 years, and I knew from an early age too. You can't rule out hormones making your body go weird during puberty, but you also should be true to yourself. I recommend waiting a bit (which I know sounds hard, I've been there too) and seeing if you feel the same way. It seems like your mum, like mine, is just worried about you being bullied and stuff if you

You can't change genders.
Original post by 3121
I kind of agree with them… part of the problem is the main reason they get the sex change Is because they think they can’t be comfortable with who they are as a guy, they have to be a girl to be comfortable with it. A guy can be feminine and enjoy girly things and vice versa.

They believe their mind doesn’t match their body, it’s usually a misconception on false beliefs on what they’re expected to be.

There are plenty of trans people who enjoy things associated with their birth gender. Gender is about very specific brain chemistry, it's not just whether you prefer mecano or barbies
Please explain how you can be born in the wrong body. Need to know ASAP just to check im in the right body.
Original post by Frigateer
There are plenty of trans people who enjoy things associated with their birth gender. Gender is about very specific brain chemistry, it's not just whether you prefer mecano or barbies

Im pretty sure gender is determined by whether you have a penis or a vagina mate.
It is physiologically impossible to change a person’s sex, since the sex of each individual is encoded in the genes—XX if female, XY if male. Surgery can only create the appearance of the other sex
Original post by adi.xhm123
It is physiologically impossible to change a person’s sex, since the sex of each individual is encoded in the genes—XX if female, XY if male. Surgery can only create the appearance of the other sex

Not necessarily mate, it's possible to have XX chromosomes and be born anatomically male, and vice versa. There's also XXY, XYY and X gene pairings. There have also been studies which show that some people who have undergone gender realignment surgery, had in fact the gene pairing on the gender they associate with. Transgenderism is biological and chemical

https://www.forbes.com/sites/quora/2018/03/19/what-role-do-sex-chromosomes-play-in-transgender-peoples-identities/#45082bf411ea

https://genetics.thetech.org/ask-a-geneticist/transgender-intersex-sex-chromosomes

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending