The Student Room Group

US student UCAS help

1. I'm taking the ACT and SAT subject tests. Do I have to send official score reports? (sent through collegeboard/ACT) Or can I just fill in my scores and send a copy if needed?

2. If I need official scores, can I send ones that aren't required and have them considered for my application? (Some unis don't require the ACT or a third subject test)

3. There's options for both "ACT (American College Testing Program - USA)" and "USA-American College Testing Program (ACT)", and it's the same for the SAT subject tests...does it matter which I choose?? Also, there's only options for individual subjects on the ACT. Can I put in my overall score somehow?

4. About the date of first entry to UK... I'm going to the UK for the first time soon, but it says the date you entered to LIVE there... do I just choose a random date in early September (the month most courses start)?
(edited 5 years ago)
Original post by strawberryshark
1. I'm taking the ACT and SAT subject tests. Do I have to send official score reports? (sent through collegeboard/ACT) Or can I just fill in my scores and send a copy if needed?

2. If I need official scores, can I send ones that aren't required and have them considered for my application? (Some unis don't require the ACT or a third subject test)

3. There's options for both "ACT (American College Testing Program - USA)" and "USA-American College Testing Program (ACT)", and it's the same for the SAT...does it matter which I choose?? Also, there's only options for individual subjects. Can I put in my overall score somehow?

4. About the date of first entry to UK... I'm going to the UK for the first time soon, but it says the date you entered to LIVE there... do I just choose a random date in early September (the month most courses start)?

1. No. You only send proof after accepting an offer;
2. Yes - you enter all ACT / SAT results and placeholders for future results in your application (but don't send proof yet);
3. I don't know, but I'd expect them to be the same. There shou;d be an option for the SAT (non-subject) - there used to be;
4. I believe so.

Good luck.
Original post by RogerOxon
1. No. You only send proof after accepting an offer;
2. Yes - you enter all ACT / SAT results and placeholders for future results in your application (but don't send proof yet);
3. I don't know, but I'd expect them to be the same. There shou;d be an option for the SAT (non-subject) - there used to be;
4. I believe so.

Good luck.

Thank you!

Also, I realized that for the second part of question 2 I didn't make it clear I was talking about the ACT, not the SAT. I fixed it, sorry!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending