The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Trousers
Do you see yourself married with kids in later life? What age do you expect to be married at, and is it around the same age as your parents were married?

Is anyone put off by the divorce rate, or does this have no bearing on what you expect will happen to you? I think it's something like 2 out of every 5 marriages that end in divorce now.

i think il have a kid at about 22 but i dont want to get married for a little while but i know what i want to wear lol this what happens when you get a long term bf
Reply 2
kids prob...marriage dunno, would be happy as just partners...(no difference)
Reply 3
i am trigger
i think il have a kid at about 22 but i dont want to get married for a little while but i know what i want to wear lol this what happens when you get a long term bf

Why do you want to have the kid first?
Reply 4
I'm sad because I've even got as far as how many kids i want and their names.
Reply 5
Trousers
Why do you want to have the kid first?

i dunno iu just fancy a kid, a boy, im afraid the marrage would break up
Reply 6
i am trigger
i dunno iu just fancy a kid, a boy, im afraid the marrage would break up

Do you see marriage as more of a commitment than having a kid?
Reply 7
Dude
I'm sad because I've even got as far as how many kids i want and their names.

LOL..hehehehe :biggrin:
Reply 8
I'll be married (only cause its important to the boy!) and then will prob start the proscess of having kids when i'm 30. I'll be settled and be able to actually enjot them then
Reply 9
for me I dunno,when I see a longtime marrage breaks up,I get the feeling that no relationshipe lasts :frown: it's true,50%of marrages fails eventually :frown:
Reply 10
habosh
LOL..hehehehe :biggrin:

I know, thats how sad I am. Plz tell me that there are other people out there like me.
Reply 11
Dude
I know, thats how sad I am. Plz tell me that there are other people out there like me.

There are tons of them!

Not usually blokes though...

:wink:
Reply 12
Dude

There are other people out there like me :biggrin: :biggrin: :tongue:
Reply 13
Trousers
Do you see marriage as more of a commitment than having a kid?

no but id hate to go through the pain of divorce
I want to get married at 28 and probably have two kids.
Reply 15
habosh
for me I dunno,when I see a longtime marrage breaks up,I get the feeling that no relationshipe lasts :frown: it's true,50%of marrages fails eventually :frown:

I've thought about this a lot, and I think the divorce rate can be seen as a good thing. At least people are getting out of bad marriages these days and not wasting their lives being miserable. On the other hand, maybe some people are getting married too hastily and not thinking about it, because they know they can get out of it if they change their minds.

I think, if anything, it should be more difficult to get married in the first place, rather than making it harder to get divorced.
Reply 16
I don't think I will ever get married. I have never seen the point in it, I am not religious. The only way that I will get married is if I need to be for government reasons (morgages etc) But even then I don't think that is needed. There should be something that gives permantant couples the same rights and marridges.

As for kids, I'm never having them. I've been around foster children most my life, and looked after the younger ones, and treated the older ones like siblings. Now I have a younger half brother (I'm old enough to be his Mother) and at times it feels like I am. When I see him I'm always the one to disapline him and teach him the difference between right and wrong. I seem to look after him while his parents have some rest and talk with my sister and me a bit.
I work with kids as well, looking after them after school and holidays. It's fun at times but just makes me not want them even more. It's a lot a work and commitment and I don't have it in me.
Reply 17
Luize
I don't think I will ever get married. I have never seen the point in it, I am not religious. The only way that I will get married is if I need to be for government reasons (morgages etc) But even then I don't think that is needed. There should be something that gives permantant couples the same rights and marridges.

It depends how you see marriage, though. I would never have a religious ceremony either, but I would have a civil ceremony for the government reasons you describe. If I were to decide to have kids, I'd have to get married first to try to ensure equal rights for the father if I were to die.

As far as I'm concerned, there is already something that gives permanent couplde the same rights as those who have married in a religious ceremony - a civil ceremony. You have to do something to prove you are a "permanent couple" if you want to have these rights.
Reply 18
Trousers
Do you see yourself married with kids in later life? What age do you expect to be married at, and is it around the same age as your parents were married?

Is anyone put off by the divorce rate, or does this have no bearing on what you expect will happen to you? I think it's something like 2 out of every 5 marriages that end in divorce now.

Yes, I do. And most probably to some sort of rugby player (Santa, you know my preferences :biggrin: )

Id look to getting married at around 25-27 which is later than my parents who were pretty young when they got married. And im not phased by divorce rates.
Reply 19
Everdawn
Yes, I do. And most probably to some sort of rugby player (Santa, you know my preferences :biggrin: )

Id look to getting married at around 25-27 which is later than my parents who were pretty young when they got married. And im not phased by divorce rates.

So were mine. My mum was 18 when she married my dad (they're still going strong). One of my best friends has just got married at 24, she's the first one out of our group to get hitched, and she's considered very young. Must be a generational thing.

Latest

Trending

Trending