The Student Room Group

I hate school

I finished GCSE's with majority A* I was excited to start a levels in my mind I thought one step closer to achieving my dream of becoming a doctor. Then I became diagnosed with severe depression and everything started to fall apart no wonder if the waiting times to seek treatment are so long. Now I am in year 13 doing biology chemistry and maths. The only a level I enjoy is biology

I find every maths lesson unbelievably painful mentally and physically.I dread Every chemistry lesson. I feel like I can't take it anymore I used to like school now I can't stand it. Biology is the only subject which I don't mind. My predicted grades are not very good and I feel like I am getting nowhere. I feel trapped and like I have no option.

I can't stand people who keep taking about ucas.I don't want to give up but I feel like I am in a terrible state and nowhere as good as I used to be. My school knows of my problems but there is nothing they do except make revision timetables and discuss revision techniques. Which is not that helpful.

I feel like I can't do this anymore and it is to much. I find each day incredibly painful if it wasn't for my mum nagging me everyday I wouldn't turn up to school.

I don't want to give up on my dream of becoming a doctor but I feel like it is too late for me now. That time has passed and time has run out for me.
Your time hasn’t run out. You still have a chance. You have one more year. That means revising, studying and working hard. If you know you can do it which you most definitely can as you got all A* for your GCSEs and your dream is to become a doctor so go for it. I am sure you will get there. If you feel like you have given up already then you won’t get there, but you still have a chance. :smile:
don't lose hope, finish what u have started, it's never to late. if u truly believe u want it then no one from this world can prevent u from having it. I have severe depression too but I can't take help medically, I try to motivate myself 24/7 and always try to surround myself with positive vibe. YOU JUST FOCUS ON UR GOALS, Don't let depression win. Best of luck for u.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending