The Student Room Group

Year 12 work experience

Hi my school is wanting us to do work experience at the end of year 12, I’ve been doing some looking at physics and stem based work experiences but I don’t fit the eligibility for any I’ve found, I was wondering if there was any specific places to look for or any virtual ones to look for
Sorry you've not had any responses about this. :frown: Are you sure you've posted in the right place? :smile: Here's a link to our subject forum which should help get you more responses if you post there. :redface:
Original post by elliotfox4
Hi my school is wanting us to do work experience at the end of year 12, I’ve been doing some looking at physics and stem based work experiences but I don’t fit the eligibility for any I’ve found, I was wondering if there was any specific places to look for or any virtual ones to look for

You don’t have to do work experience in physics/STEM - they’re academic subjects at degree level so there’s no benefit to having we.

If your school want you to find work experience then just think of something that you think would be interesting to try out for a week or two. I always thought I would hate an office job and then I did work experience in the local council planning office and realised that office jobs can be really interesting and varied and I didn’t hate it at all.
Reply 3
As above, just find something interesting - it doesnt have to be 'relevant' to a Physics degree.

Quick Reply

Latest