The Student Room Group

How can I tell if I have split ends?

Hi basically I always have kind of frizzy hair even though I take care of it, I don’t straighten/curl it so it’s not because of heat treatments. If I did have split ends it would be because last year I didn’t cut my hair for over a year which is obviously not great. I just got my hair washed, cut and blow dried, 30 mins later my hair is ALREADY frizzy. Anything I can do about this? Is this due to split ends? Thanks
Reply 1
My hair always looks like this:

Attachment not found
Look at the end of a couple of strands of your hair. Do they split off into halves? Some people naturally do have frizzy hair, I’m not one of these people but my mum has and straightening her hair helps. Have you also tried other shampoos? Do you use conditioner? Also try not to use a 2 in 1 shampoo and conditioner
Reply 3
Original post by Anonymous
Look at the end of a couple of strands of your hair. Do they split off into halves? Some people naturally do have frizzy hair, I’m not one of these people but my mum has and straightening her hair helps. Have you also tried other shampoos? Do you use conditioner? Also try not to use a 2 in 1 shampoo and conditioner

I don’t use 2 in 1 shampoos and conditioners but will check for strands of hair splitting in half. Thanks
I'm the same. I don't dye my hair and never use heat treatments yet I still get split ends. Longer hair is generally in worse condition so a conditioner targeting damaged ends would probably help. I use the L'oreal Dream Lengths conditioner at the moment and it's quite good. Obviously you can't get rid of split ends completely but getting them trimmed regularly will help.
(edited 5 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending