The Student Room Group

"excludes N.I."

why do we often get that on adverts offering products or services?
Reply 1
Original post by NJA

Because it doesn't include NI
Original post by NJA

To tell you NI isn't included
Reply 3
Original post by DrawTheLine
To tell you NI isn't included

Yes, why is this often the case?
Original post by NJA
Yes, why is this often the case?

There must be some laws or restrictions around what promotions and offers you can advertise or run in NI.
Original post by DrawTheLine
There must be some laws or restrictions around what promotions and offers you can advertise or run in NI.

Exactly NI has some rules that don’t apply in the rest of the uk. Hence why I’m NI during the McDonalds monopoly you can send them a stamped envelope with your address on it and they’ll send you a sticker. Cause there’s a rule saying you don’t have to buy anything to participate
Reply 6
Original post by Snoozinghamster
Exactly NI has some rules that don’t apply in the rest of the uk. Hence why I’m NI during the McDonalds monopoly you can send them a stamped envelope with your address on it and they’ll send you a sticker. Cause there’s a rule saying you don’t have to buy anything to participate

As N.I. already have separate trade rules why are people moaning about NI being treated differently with Uk-exit?
Original post by NJA
As N.I. already have separate trade rules why are people moaning about NI being treated differently with Uk-exit?

I don’t know enough about their rules to say what’s different except that they do competitions differently.

The issues arise cause border check between ni and the rest of Ireland will be a nightmare for people living there but if they don’t have it it will just be a route into the uk with no checks etc. Unless they do checks from NI to the mainland.

(I think that’s the main bit. I’m missing a lot of info though as there’s also the older issues that I don’t know much about)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending