The Student Room Group

My Life as an Apprentice...

Scroll to see replies

new update.png

:hello:

Today has been really productive :woo: and although I haven’t completed anything fully, I've managed to get lots of little pieces done during my college day today.

In my first lesson, the tutor allowed us to work on outstanding assignments for other subjects and I decided to make a start on my second Electrical assignment, as that’s quite a hefty piece of work so I’d rather chip away at it in bits. I managed to get a pretty solid answer sorted for the first part on DC converters. :dancing2:

In the second lesson, again it was time to work on assignments, but this was specific to the subject this time…Design. There’s a lot involved in this one too, but I can draw a lot from my own personal knowledge without having to go and research everything :flute:. I made good headway in answering the questions on Gantt charts and Critical Path Analysis - something which I quite enjoy as I love making charts and planning things out :emo:

Without sounding too repetitive, my next lesson was yet again more time to do some assignment work :facepalm:and I focused on my Electrical one again. As the day progresses I find it much harder to concentrate as the class seems to get gradually louder and louder…either that or they’re just hungry as it’s lunch next! :drool:

I normally eat my lunch pretty quickly and then nip into one of the classrooms to either continue working on my assignments or admin-type stuff (NVQ evidence/questions or just general email sorting), and today was no different.:smartass:

Fourth lesson arrived. Then lethargy kicked in :sigh:. I felt my eyes going, and going, and going... and then somehow I ended up jolting back awake :shock:, thankfully when the tutor wasn’t looking, but I sit right at the front, so I am just hoping no one else could tell! :shy2: I don’t even know what happened or why, but what I do know is that it didn’t happen again! Think that’s a hint for an early night… (I say whilst typing this when I should be asleep!)

The last lesson of the day was full of maths and Bernoulli’s equation, but being kept busy helped the time fly by and before I knew it, it was home time. :teeth:

I can’t say I was very productive upon my return home, but I do know that I’m off to bed very shortly :sleep:

How have you all been and what have you gotten up to?

Until next time :wavey:

Spoiler

Original post by brainzistheword
new update.png

Today has been really productive :woo: and although I haven’t completed anything fully, I've managed to get lots of little pieces done during my college day today.

In my first lesson, the tutor allowed us to work on outstanding assignments for other subjects and I decided to make a start on my second Electrical assignment, as that’s quite a hefty piece of work so I’d rather chip away at it in bits. I managed to get a pretty solid answer sorted for the first part on DC converters. :dancing2:

In the second lesson, again it was time to work on assignments, but this was specific to the subject this time…Design. There’s a lot involved in this one too, but I can draw a lot from my own personal knowledge without having to go and research everything :flute:. I made good headway in answering the questions on Gantt charts and Critical Path Analysis - something which I quite enjoy as I love making charts and planning things out :emo:

Without sounding too repetitive, my next lesson was yet again more time to do some assignment work :facepalm:and I focused on my Electrical one again. As the day progresses I find it much harder to concentrate as the class seems to get gradually louder and louder…either that or they’re just hungry as it’s lunch next! :drool:

I normally eat my lunch pretty quickly and then nip into one of the classrooms to either continue working on my assignments or admin-type stuff (NVQ evidence/questions or just general email sorting), and today was no different.:smartass:

Fourth lesson arrived. Then lethargy kicked in :sigh:. I felt my eyes going, and going, and going... and then somehow I ended up jolting back awake :shock:, thankfully when the tutor wasn’t looking, but I sit right at the front, so I am just hoping no one else could tell! :shy2: I don’t even know what happened or why, but what I do know is that it didn’t happen again! Think that’s a hint for an early night… (I say whilst typing this when I should be asleep!)

The last lesson of the day was full of maths and Bernoulli’s equation, but being kept busy helped the time fly by and before I knew it, it was home time. :teeth:

I can’t say I was very productive upon my return home, but I do know that I’m off to bed very shortly :sleep:

Spoiler

Getting Y12 flashbacks from Gantt charts and Critical Path Analysis! :afraid: Glad you like them more than I did!
Definitely get yourself to bed pronto, seems I'm not the only one still catching up on sleep from the weekend :redface:
new update.png

Spoiler

Sounds like a super productive day :smile: Gantt charts :gah:
Please make sure you get your sleep :smile:
Gantt charts and critical path analysis :gah: I love decision maths :love:
Glad you had a productive day! I've not been up to much, lots of maths lessons then came home and should have revised for my maths test tomorrow but instead eventually managed to start a bit of my computing due Thursday...still slightly trying to catch up on sleep from the weekend :colondollar:

Posted from TSR Mobile
:gah: Add me to the tag list pls!
I love making plans and things but Gantt charts :afraid:
Hehe the eyes going thing, wish I could say that I couldn't relate :rofl: I've woken up many, many times with the lecturer making direct eye contact with me, oops :colondollar:
Hope you're taking care of yourself too though! If I can help with anything just let me know :yes:

I am :yes: And will do :thumbsup:
Glad you had a productive day yesterday :woo:
Did you sleep well last night?
Original post by Protostar
Getting Y12 flashbacks from Gantt charts and Critical Path Analysis! :afraid: Glad you like them more than I did!
Definitely get yourself to bed pronto, seems I'm not the only one still catching up on sleep from the weekend :redface:

Oh of course! Completely forgot they're involved in Maths too. We used them from a Project Management perspective :yes:

Have you managed to catch up on any more sleep? :smile:

Original post by Labrador99
Sounds like a super productive day :smile: Gantt charts :gah:
Please make sure you get your sleep :smile:

Thank you :hugs: What's your take on Gantt charts? :biggrin:

Original post by Lemur14
Gantt charts and critical path analysis :gah: I love decision maths :love:
Glad you had a productive day! I've not been up to much, lots of maths lessons then came home and should have revised for my maths test tomorrow but instead eventually managed to start a bit of my computing due Thursday...still slightly trying to catch up on sleep from the weekend :colondollar:

Posted from TSR Mobile

I'm not 100% sure what's involved in them with regards to Maths - perhaps you could enlighten me :tongue:. We use them for Project Management stuff, so nothing overly complicated - I don't think :colondollar:

Original post by gcsemusicsucks
:gah: Add me to the tag list pls!
I love making plans and things but Gantt charts :afraid:
Hehe the eyes going thing, wish I could say that I couldn't relate :rofl: I've woken up many, many times with the lecturer making direct eye contact with me, oops :colondollar:

Will do!! Planning is one of the nicest feelings - but I never seem to stick to it, or it ends up being thrown off course.

Oops indeed!! Hope they didn't get angry :K: but glad to know I'm not the only one. I just really hope it doesn't happen again...that was way too close!

Original post by nyxnko_
I am :yes: And will do :thumbsup:
Glad you had a productive day yesterday :woo:
Did you sleep well last night?

I did thank you, but I feel like I still need a lot more. I'm off on a train journey early tomorrow (which I'll update you all on later), so that means another early start, but thankfully it's just the day and at the moment, I have the weekend free to re-charge...though that might change! :facepalm:

How has your day been? :smile:

Thank you :hugs: What's your take on Gantt charts? :biggrin:

I like how visual they are :smile: Am a fan, but can use a plan as a form of procrastination :colondollar:
Reply 29
:wavey:
I like how visual they are :smile: Am a fan, but can use a plan as a form of procrastination :colondollar:

Me too. I'm going to be doing a lot of planning over the next few days...I feel like I've got loads to do but don't know where to start. Hopefully these plans will be productive and actually let me get something done :colondollar:

Spoiler

I'm not 100% sure what's involved in them with regards to Maths - perhaps you could enlighten me :tongue:. We use them for Project Management stuff, so nothing overly complicated - I don't think :colondollar:

Basically we get given the project information (or more likely have to calculate it :grumble:) then draw it on either at earliest start times or latest finish times with float time. Then we get resource histograms and scheduling diagrams too (which I always mix up :facepalm:) It's not that complicated as long as you can remember which is which :tongue:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Me too. I'm going to be doing a lot of planning over the next few days...I feel like I've got loads to do but don't know where to start. Hopefully these plans will be productive and actually let me get something done :colondollar:

Hope you can make a plan that helps, and can start ticking things off :smile:
Reply 33

Spoiler

8472 is basically reborn :groovy:
To DO LISt.png

Busy day tomorrow (and an early one)

I'm off to London and that means a 4am start for me! Yippee(!) :sleep:

I'm heading to a conference, which I chose to go to for my own benefit, and hopefully I'll use the travel time to be productive.

Here's some of the things I need to get done:

Populate my calendar with allocated times to complete assignments and other tasks by Sunday

Complete a write up for a newsletter that I've been asked to do (and haven't even started yet :getmecoat:)

Create re-occurring tasks to introduce some form of autonomy in my daily routine (I'll explain this later)

Arrange social events with friends over the festive period

Write up some more posts for this blog - as I know I'll be mega busy for the next 2 weeks at work :burnout:

If I can squeeze it in, I'll try and update you tomorrow night with my progress :redface: That's if I haven't got lost on the tube somewhere...as it'll be the first time I've navigated it on my own (and only the third time I've ever used it...so that could be fun...)

Spoiler

Reply 35

Are you coming from Norway? :groovy:

:lol:
To DO LISt.png

Busy day tomorrow (and an early one)

I'm heading to a conference, which I chose to go to for my own benefit, and hopefully I'll use the travel time to be productive.

Here's some of the things I need to get done:

Populate my calendar with allocated times to complete assignments and other tasks by Sunday

Complete a write up for a newsletter that I've been asked to do (and haven't even started yet :getmecoat:)

Create re-occurring tasks to introduce some form of autonomy in my daily routine (I'll explain this later)

Arrange social events with friends over the festive period

Write up some more posts for this blog - as I know I'll be mega busy for the next 2 weeks at work :burnout:

If I can squeeze it in, I'll try and update you tomorrow night with my progress :redface: That's if I haven't got lost on the tube somewhere...as it'll be the first time I've navigated it on my own (and only the third time I've ever used it...so that could be fun...)

Spoiler

:console: for the early start. Hope the conference is good though! :smile:
4am :eek::yucky:
Hope the conference is worth that :tongue:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by 8472
Are you coming from Norway? :groovy:

:lol:

I wish I was :groovy:
:console: for the early start. Hope the conference is good though! :smile:

:h: thank you!